my new friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepirateboy

Broken In
Today i bought 2 new golden retriever pups one male one female...now heres my probs both are having ticks which are very difficult to remove and since both are just 1 month old i cant bath them too also it rained here and one of them is shivering a lot...any suggestions

here are their pics

*i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd256/rish1984/Image008.jpg
*i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd256/rish1984/Image007.jpg
*i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd256/rish1984/Image006.jpg
*i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd256/rish1984/Image005.jpg

nix

i think its normal for a pup to shiver. i rem when had brought home a pup a long time back..it was shivering too...

pillainp

Journeyman
Buy any of the ayurvedic dog shampoos on the market, such as FLURRY-EP or ERINA-EP, and lather it up in warm water. Then apply it on the pups bodies using a sponge, such that it penetrates deep into the fur and wets the skin thoroughly.

Leave the shampoo on for about 10 minutes (you can wrap the pup in a towel during this time, to keep it warm) and then wash it off by sponging with warm water. Dry off using a towel or careful use of a hair drier (gives a fluffy look).

When using the hair drier, take care never to bring it closer than about 15 cm from the pups' bodies, and only use the WArm SETTING, not the cold or hot.

Repeat every two days.

You also need to wash their bedding thoroughly, to see that you kill any ticks and fleas that may have escaped from the pup's bodies.

It's normal for pups to shiver, as their homoeostatic mechanisms are only slowly coming online. Keep them somewhere warm, and if necessary, fill a hot water bottle with luke warm water, wrap it in a towel and place it in the basket with them. Do not permit direct contact with the HWB, as it may cause burns.

One more thing you can do to make them comfortable is to place something that makes a rhythmic sound in the basket with them. One of the easiest things to use for this purpose is an old mechanical clock.

Supplement vitamins and iron as necessary.

I see you have a chew stick in the basket with them. Remove it. They cannot eat it at this age, and leaving it in will only attract ants and other pests.

OP
T

thepirateboy

Broken In
k guys thanks for the advice...removed the chew stick and changed their bedding too....the place where i bought them was horrible they were kept in a cage with holes larger than their paws most of them wet....it was brutal...i went to buy just one but ended up buying both so i can remove them from there....by the way i live with my frnd here doing mba so any further advice would also be welcome...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
YOur puppies look choooooooo chweeeeeeeeeeet.................I'm in love with them !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom