My N73 switches off oftenly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Now a days my N73 is getting switched off oftenly. Last time when i had posted many of you had told me that the battery might not be sitting properly. But that is not the case, battery is not sitting loose.

Is it a issue in the Operating System of the mobile.
I have updated my mobile to V4.9812.4.2.1 firmware, after which i have not found any updates.

Few days back when i had to call one of my frined, i went into Contacts and selected the Voice Call (or green key in the mobile), the call was not going. While i could use the speed dial. So i did restart my mobile, and after that the Call is working properly.

I want to know why is the mobile switching off oftenly now a days, is it due to the Operating System. If so should i get the OS reinstalled to my mobile, and how much time does it take to get the OS reinstalled from the Nokia Care Centre, also how much does it cost to reinstall the OS. My mobile is almost 1.5 years old.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
So what can i do now, how do i revert back to older firmware.

make sure you keep the phone ram above 5mb.... you can perform a hard reset but that won't help much....don't fill the card to 2gb... fill it approx to 1.5 gb... and nothing else.. still sometimes it may restart but not very often

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
make sure you keep the phone ram above 5mb.... you can perform a hard reset but that won't help much....don't fill the card to 2gb... fill it approx to 1.5 gb... and nothing else.. still sometimes it may restart but not very often

Did you mean to say RAM as phone memory, if so it is 30MB free, and my Memory Card is around 898MB free.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
OK will check it out, or are there any code which we can use to check the RAM. Like *#0000# which gives the firmware version

Roadripper

Journeyman
even i have the same prob and i cant do anythg i did a hard format *#7780 # some times it works fine only when too much of thump near the top speakers it turns off rest no prob... stupid firmware 4.0812 i am waiting from months when the new firmware will be released...stupid screwed my sound level badly...phone is fast though ..

rajhot

S60 rocks
even i have the same prob and i cant do anythg i did a hard format *#7780 # some times it works fine only when too much of thump near the top speakers it turns off rest no prob... stupid firmware 4.0812 i am waiting from months when the new firmware will be released...stupid screwed my sound level badly...phone is fast though ..

*#7780# is for soft reset
*#7370# is for hard reset

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hmmm i did check the RAM, by installing X-Plore.

When i did check for RAM free space, after installing X-Plore it was showing 7.6MB Free yesterday. Now currently it is showing 12MB Free.

Sometimes i find that opening an Message takes a lot of time, my messages are in the Memory Card. Also i have not installed any application to my mobile, i have 2 themes installed, apart from that none of the softwares i have installed in my phone.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I had thought that the problem is due to RAM as discussed in the thread by the members.

But today my mobile got switched off 2 times, Even though the battery was there. Also When i switch on the mobile i find that the mobile is in unlock mode. Usually when the mobile is switched on the keypad wont be locked.

The last activity i did in the phone was talking with my brother for almost 10-15 minutes. Also after Restarting the phone i could find that the RAM was 16MB Free.

Please help me guys, what can i do :( :(.

Guys please do help me. Shall i do reinstall the firmware and check it out.

Last edited:
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Shall i do reinstall the firmware and check it out.

I did re install the firmware last night again, till now the phone has not switched off. I hope the issue is resolved.

I did re install the firmware last night again, till now the phone has not switched off. I hope the issue is resolved.

After i did type this quote and click on submit reply, i found the mobile had got switched off :( :( :(

Shall i take the mobile to Nokia Care Centre and get the OS reinstalled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom