My Mobile stolen.. is there way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Rajesh_

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys..
Some one stolen my mobile phone(Nokia 3100) in Bus today.Is there way to get insurance for mobile or any way to lock my mobile so that he cany use it any more.What steps i have to take now.please suggest me :(

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Call up your network and tell them to block the IMEI. IMEI is a 13 digit number which you will find on the box.

however, now-a-days these ppl change the IMEI.. so it's not possible to block the phone :(

T

thunderbird.117

cellphone got stolen today(nokia 6610).u cant remove imei number that easily.u need lot of skills and knowledge and patience to do that.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
thunderbird.117 said:
cellphone got stolen today(nokia 6610).u cant remove imei number that easily.u need lot of skills and knowledge and patience to do that.
there are about 334334 software just for that. Any small mobile phone shop can do that for you in a matter of few minutes.

whim_gen

Journeyman
@Rajesh
No sadly enough losing your mobile in a bus is not accepted by the Insurance company.
A friend of mine lost his very expensive mobile a couple of years ago in college but it wasnt accepted by the company.
Why u ask?
Well,their rules (in fineprint :sad:)state that iff u were robbed at gunpoint/knife-point or u were hurt in a burglary and ur mobile was stolen,only then do u have a chance of appealing.
Now this is wat happend to my friend.Dunno whether it still is the same with the insurance makers.

Try ur best buddy.
Wish u luck

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Well i do agree with ya (whim_gen), ur right!... these insurence comp.'s r very cleaver...........

beaditya

Journeyman
dude , say u were robbed at gun point........................india mein sab kuch chalta hain

but then u'll hav to pay the cops more than wat u get from the insurance ......

believe me , on eof my frnds did this , unless ur mobile is more than 30 k , its not worth going to the cops for that !! if u know a cop thats a diff case !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom