My latest purchase - HP Pavilion M6

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
*imageshack.us/a/img217/9826/imag0082u.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img607/3325/imag0083y.jpg

Design:
M6 looks sleek and thin compared to other 15.6 inch mainstream laptops. It is surprisingly light-weight for 2.4 KG. One can easily carry it around without straining his/her wrist.
The top of the laptop has metallic finish where as the bottom part has plastic finish, but it looks like a metallic finish.
Overall the M6 is a very good looking laptop.

Display:
This has a glossy display. I was afraid that the screen might catch a lot of reflections, but this is not the case. The screen size is ideal for watching movies and playing movies. The max resolution supported is 1366x768 like other mainstream laptops.

Keyboard and trackpad:
The keys are well laid out, and typing is a pleasure on this machine. Unfortunately this does not have a backlit keyboard, like many other models. It has numpad keys too.
The trackpad is responsive and easy to use. It supports gestures for zoom-in, zoom-out, scroll up/down, and scroll left/right.

Connectivity:
Wi-Fi reception is amazing. I'm writing this review from the first floor where my Android phone and the desktop are not able to catch any Wi-Fi signal. But this laptop is able to download at max speeds.
It has Bluetooth too. I haven't explored it yet.

Battery life:
Company promised battery life is 8 hours. I'm able to get 6 to 7 hours under normal browsing with Wi-Fi. This can easily match the battery life of HP Envy laptop. This will be very useful for me in airport transits when I might have to wait for few hours.

Audio:
Beats audio. Period.
The best I have checked till date. The audio quality is mind-blowing. I watched a HD movie and listened to some songs, and I was able to hear to hear some sounds and instruments which I had never heard before. This is really great stuff!
Need to purchase a high quality headset to watch movies to make full use of it.

Warranty:
Company provides warranty of 1 year. But there is a HP Back2Campus offer going on where I can register and get the 2nd year warranty for free. 3rd year warranty can be obtained by paying around 1800 bucks.

Windows Experience Index gives a rating of 5.9 under battery. The disk transfer rate being 5.9 pulls down the experience index to 5.9.
6GB of RAM is a welcome addition. Makes the whole Windows and movies experience very pleasurable.

One very good addition to this laptop is the fingerprint reader. Logging in to the system can be done by swiping the finger on the reader. Once logged-in, different sites can be launched directly by just swiping different fingers. Different sites can be configured for different fingers.

I bought this for close to 54k. I got a HP laptop bag as a freebie. Overall I'm completely satisfied with the purchase.

Top Bottom