Multimedia cum moderate gaming laptop - Budget 55k-65k

acidCow

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
55-65k (max.)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

Mainstream. even 14" would do

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Watch movies, occasional gaming ( Battlefield 4 at med , for example) , Read a lot of PDFs

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Would like a Full HD screen and a backlit keyboard but am ready to compromise on both if a laptop does gaming better

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

Nope. Any brand is okay

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )

Full HD

Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )

Normal

Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )

Locally (Guwahati) or online

I'm getting Dell Inspiron 15 7537 (i7-4510U, 8GB RAM, GT 750M, Full HD screen) for 65k locally. Really like it, except for the ULV i7. Will it be able to game? Does it have any other cons?
I'll look for Lenovo y510p locally but the same shop which quoted 65k for the Dell quotes 69k for the i5 version. Any other laptops?

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
The y510p i5 variant would perform better than the dell one right? But by how much? The dell also has a 6hr battery life thanks to the ULV.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The y510p i5 variant would perform better than the dell one right? But by how much? The dell also has a 6hr battery life thanks to the ULV.

Nah, Y510p core i5 and Dell will perform exactly similar. There's hardly any difference between them. Y510p's 755m is just an OC of the GT 750m in Dell one which can be easily achieved without any overheating issues. Both are GDDR5. core i7U~core i5 M. Also core i7U provides more then 2x battery life of core i5M.

Just make sure Dell one has FHD screen and not HD.

Nah, Y510p core i5 and Dell will perform exactly similar. There's hardly any difference between them. Y510p's 755m is just an OC of the GT 750m in Dell one which can be easily achieved without any overheating issues. Both are GDDR5. core i7U~core i5 M. Also core i7U provides more then 2x battery life of core i5M.

Just make sure Dell one has FHD screen and not HD.

Dell Inspiron 15 7537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) vs Dell Inspiron 15 7537 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) vs Dell Inspiron 5547 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch): Compare C

These are the Dell offerings. The one with i7U +750M + FHD display costs 85k, better to get Y50 @ 75k, which is much better option

Oh, if you are getting that one for 65k, then its good enough. After warranty period expires, just overclock it to match 755M. Soon I'll overclock my Y500's 650M to match 660M

Last edited:
Top Bottom