MSI Twin Frozr Safe Operating Range::

madhu

Broken In
What is the safe operaiting temp.range of MSI Twin Frozr cards??
I have 560 GTX Twin Frozr OC edition and under full load it reaches to 74 C,
when the amb is 26 C.

In many of the review, the suggested temp is 70 C under full load. Am running at stock clock and reaches 74 C is really disappointing:x.

Is it Normal?? Share ur opinion Guyz......

OP
M

madhu

Broken In
Even i guess its high @stock..
Do u think, adding a side fan to my HAF-922 will improve the temp??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
when the amb is 26 C.

In many of the review, the suggested temp is 70 C under full load. Am running at stock clock and reaches 74 C is really disappointing:x.

Those are fine. Most reviews are done at locations which are a lot cooler than India. Plus they do it on open bench.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the OCed 560Ti TFII is not so far from the temps of a 6950. ;)

I think, those temps are high, with that cooler, its supposed to operate at a lower temperature. Particularly with 26C ambient.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Don't know about MSI GTX 560 TF II/OC but my card i.e MSI GTX560Ti TFII/OC's
Idle temperature-35*C
Load temperature-55*C
Not over that. ;-)

So the OCed 560Ti TFII is not so far from the temps of a 6950. ;)

I think, those temps are high, with that cooler, its supposed to operate at a lower temperature. Particularly with 26C ambient.

I think the card is maybe faulty;-) Normally TFII/TFIII cooler makes any card supercool:cool:

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plus with that ambient. Even the Sapphire 6950 1gb comes down to 70C at 25-26C.

@OP: Post a temp screen of your GPU at idle and load. That would make things clear.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
when the amb is 26 C.

I think your temps are fine. It seems gtx 560 runs a bit hot than gtx 560-ti.
Guru 3d temps for your card at load is 69c.

Considering indian temps, 74c is fine imo. Still try to place more fans in your cabby. A side intake will help things better.

Check here for temps.

Gtx 560-ti twin frozr II is a far cooler running card.

OP
M

madhu

Broken In
I think your temps are fine. It seems gtx 560 runs a bit hot than gtx 560-ti.
Guru 3d temps for your card at load is 69c.

Considering indian temps, 74c is fine imo. Still try to place more fans in your cabby. A side intake will help things better.

Check here for temps.

Gtx 560-ti twin frozr II is a far cooler running card.

Thank u Vicky.. Is true that 560 ti is cooler than 560 and i hope ~74 C is normal, where my gpu fan is only 66% loaded. am gonna add side fans to my case and lets see the result.(What fan??)

i prefer CM 200MM 700 RPM( Share ur thoughts..) by the way, whats the price in chennai??

S

sunnyroy

In normal room temp. it is safe I think.If anyone know details please let me know.
Photography Tips

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Is there some other retailers in chennai to deal with branded item other than delta or it depot??
I think 1k is too pricy for CM fan:x

200mm fan costs 1k every where.. To be precise, its cheaper in chennai than other areas(AFAIK)..

Prime

Itdepot

For other shops, check Samta infotech n sethia infotech...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Mine reaches 70 degrees rarely even under full load. And i am talking in context of "560Ti" not "560".
Make sure your fan control is set to automatic and try creating a good fan profile graph under fan speed settings tab.
That'll help for sure. :)

gtrasi

Right off the assembly line
Hey Madhu,

I dont think you need to worry too much.
Most of these high end cards have fail safe built into them, which means if the operating range goes beyond, it should automatically switch off meaning you will lose video. Restarting your PC after a few minutes will bring it back to normal.
I have MSI 8800GT and it used to behave the same way. I used it for well over 2 years and my fried continues to use it even now.

Thanks,

Gaurav.

Top Bottom