Mouse ate my drive ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok i had a prob with my primary ide controller which wasnt solved here .

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7595&highlight=controller

anyway , any drive i attached to my primary ide controller would just disappear after sometime , while
running or simply after a restart . i thought i fixed the prob by actually hitting the side of my tower , which showed my drives in the bios . i tightened up

all the screws and it seemed to work , until...

while operating my mouse started stuttering . so i removed the driver . it still did it , each time it stuttered , i check my computer and the drives are
gone . i adjust the mouse port and it shows . i tried swapping k/b and mouse port , but k/b doesnt work that way .

So is there some setting i need to change in the bios to control the mouse ?? what connection does the mouse have to the ide controller anyway ???? is there any thing in the bios thats making mouse and drive clash ???

using ps/2 optical mouse .

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
No there is no relation of a PS2 mouse to IDE . I think get anothet 80 Conducter cable and your problem will be solved .( unless your MOBO has gone hayware ) Other thing may be the Ps2 port of your MOBO is damaged.
Try the same with USB or serial mouse.
Your name suggest you use Linux.or you a linux fan...Do you use linux and get those problems...???

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
yup same prob in linux . the drives on ide just disappear from the bios . tried another 80 conductor cable , still no good result .

i get this msg in win2k sometimes

Received a device interface REMOVAL notification for device:

I bang the side of my tower and i get this

Received a device interface ARRIVAL notification for device:

another suspect is power to the mouse . where does the optical mouse draw all it power from and how much ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom