MotoG or BBZ10 or Asus or MI3?

bond_bhai

Broken In
Budget?
A: Max 20K (Even 20k is stretching it, but if the phone works on moon willing to raise the bet.)

Display type and size?
A: TFT/Max 5, don't need a phablet.

Dual Sim?
A: Not Required. Don;t mind if the phone has one.

Preferred choice of brand?
None. I have listed down the phones i am considering, any others will also be ok.

What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A: Occasional photography, Good camera (better than the Defy Green lens one)

Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ANDROID/BB OS

Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
A: The usual rig.

Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A: Calls/SMS! Moderate games (Ex: Enigmatis/Drag racing etc) not a hardcore gamer, but occasional ones. Internet on the move.

Any other info that you want to share?
A: Custom "ROMable". I have a defy for the past 3 years, not a day was spend on stock. Had fun flashing,.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
There are a few models which i have in my mind -
1. Moto G
2. Blackberry Z10
3. Xiaomi MI3
4. Asus Zenphone 5

I was inclined towards MotoG earlier but BBZ10 looks very good (Tech specs etc). However the apps is an area of concern. I know Android apps work on BBZ10, but i am not how compatible the newer apps will be.
The last two have been added recently, bang for the buck! Both look good in terms of price and specs wise. However, there are few negatives like weak signal etc on the Internet and Xiaomi forums.
The Asus is a untested phone! So i am really confused which one to buy! Any inputs will be of great help! I am planning to buy a new one sometime next week since my defy is acting real weird (The status bar come down automatically and start dancing - basically it keeps coming and going down all by itself having a mind of its own. I cannot do anything else when this happens). I am not looking for a "big" phone or a phablet. Something which fits my hands will be fine!

I am not sure if i am jumping the "gun" here - Android L is round the corner, not sure which of the 3 Andy phones listed here will get it.

All suggestions welcomed :)

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Moto G is confirmed to get android L upgrade.
I'd say wait for some reviews of Mi3 and Zenphone 5, and make up your mind then.
You can consider Xperia ZR as well for 20K

rish1

Cyborg Agent
nothing beats Mi3 no chance for any other phone.. can't say about ASS though

Xiaomi Mi3 Review: Game Changer

refarding z10 it does not have a great hardware .. just 1 gb extra ram.. Xperia zr for 20k is much much better than z10

Nerevarine

Incarnate
What if he breaks the screen ? or fone goes kaput ? Rs 14999 down the drain ? sure its a great phone, but its always better to have even Micromax ASS than No ASS...
Get Xperia ZR, its the best you can get IMO

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Budget?
A: Max 20K (Even 20k is stretching it, but if the phone works on moon willing to raise the bet.)

Display type and size?
A: TFT/Max 5, don't need a phablet.

Dual Sim?
A: Not Required. Don;t mind if the phone has one.

Preferred choice of brand?
None. I have listed down the phones i am considering, any others will also be ok.

What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A: Occasional photography, Good camera (better than the Defy Green lens one)

Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ANDROID/BB OS

Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
A: The usual rig.

Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A: Calls/SMS! Moderate games (Ex: Enigmatis/Drag racing etc) not a hardcore gamer, but occasional ones. Internet on the move.

Any other info that you want to share?
A: Custom "ROMable". I have a defy for the past 3 years, not a day was spend on stock. Had fun flashing,.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
There are a few models which i have in my mind -
1. Moto G
2. Blackberry Z10
3. Xiaomi MI3
4. Asus Zenphone 5

I was inclined towards MotoG earlier but BBZ10 looks very good (Tech specs etc). However the apps is an area of concern. I know Android apps work on BBZ10, but i am not how compatible the newer apps will be.
The last two have been added recently, bang for the buck! Both look good in terms of price and specs wise. However, there are few negatives like weak signal etc on the Internet and Xiaomi forums.
The Asus is a untested phone! So i am really confused which one to buy! Any inputs will be of great help! I am planning to buy a new one sometime next week since my defy is acting real weird (The status bar come down automatically and start dancing - basically it keeps coming and going down all by itself having a mind of its own. I cannot do anything else when this happens). I am not looking for a "big" phone or a phablet. Something which fits my hands will be fine!

I am not sure if i am jumping the "gun" here - Android L is round the corner, not sure which of the 3 Andy phones listed here will get it.

All suggestions welcomed :)

avoid all these chinese oem phones,poor build,support and service isnt worth it for a slightly lesser price

i own a Z10,excellent phone and i prefer it to android any day,however remember that there arent google services on BB10 when u sideload so ensure the apps you are looking at,dont use google services
asus looks bang for the buck and so does the moto g but depending on your needs etc,the z10 has a better camera,battery life,build,screen and even looks premium
asus is yet to prove its phones in the indian market however its new series looks great as well but is risky

i suggest you stick to moto g and z10 and even consider the moto x,much safer buys and have excellent build and service
sony xperia zr is also a great phone but falls short on looks,design and updates,i wouldnt call it better than moto g except for the camera and sd card slot

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Out of that list Moto G definitely, but you know since MI3 has launched with that price and that kind of hardware it's really hard to recommend any other thing over that. But still, if you value your money then safer bet will be Moto G, cause I am still not sure about ASS of Xiaomi.

Xperia ZR might be a good choice it seems, but have no personal experience with it, so no comments. I usually am an admirer of Sony but I tend to not recommend them because of their display quality (however at 20k you should not expect any brilliant display) and more importantly extremely weird and low earpiece volume. Xperia ZL is the only exception phone it seems.

By the way, Zenphone 5 should be a good choice too, as long as you don't mind the size.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
[/I]
sony xperia zr is also a great phone but falls short on looks,design and updates,i wouldnt call it better than moto g except for the camera and sd card slot

is that a joke ? you really think moto G even stand a chance against Xperia ZR ? :shock:

calling looks of Moto G better than Sony ZR ? even though its a personal preference but 9 out of 10 would be favouring sony

rather than telling you why xperia Zr is superior in every way i will tell you where moto G excels ..
and that is only 2 things

1) good viewing angles
2) official updates

rest Moto G is not even worth considering in front of Zr

Last edited:
[/I]

is that a joke ? you really think moto G even stand a chance against Xperia ZR ? :shock:

calling looks of Moto G better than Sony ZR ? even though its a personal preference but 9 out of 10 would be favouring sony

rather than telling you why xperia Zr is superior in every way i will tell you where moto G excels ..
and that is only 2 things

1) good viewing angles
2) official updates

rest Moto G is not even worth considering in front of Zr

Agreed + ZR has got the kitkat update

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
the cheaper xperias have no asthetics in comparison to the competition , xperia z2 etc look great and perform great,but the zr looks and feels cheap
its not just my opinion, the quality of plastic etc is superior on moto g, plus moto g gets guaranteed updates
you want quality, compare the z10,moto g,xperia zr and lumia 720 in store then youll get my point

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed + ZR has got the kitkat update

but sony rarely gives further updates to their phones, atleast the moto phones get updates like the nexus series

rish1

Cyborg Agent
the cheaper xperias have no asthetics in comparison to the competition , xperia z2 etc look great and perform great,but the zr looks and feels cheap
its not just my opinion, the quality of plastic etc is superior on moto g, plus moto g gets guaranteed updates
you want quality, compare the z10,moto g,xperia zr and lumia 720 in store then youll get my point

Zr was launched for around 28-29k not exactly cheap..
Zr looks way more stylish than Moto G , the reviews don't mention any bad plastic.. but as i haven't seen it personally i can't comment if it is better than moto G or not even then i guess it won't be that big of a difference as sony uses quite good materials not of Lumia class but still good materials .

but sony rarely gives further updates to their phones, atleast the moto phones get updates like the nexus series

regarding updates like i already said thats one of the two advantages of moto G
but you are just skipping all the other advantages

Extra Powerful CPU
Extra Powerful GPU
Double RAm
Superb Camera
Micro Sd
Sony After sale service ( atleast much better than moto )
Son'y brand Reputation
Bonus feature Like waterproof , dustproof

And android 4.4 kitkat is still great as it was launched in may last year...

the only thing moto got are viewing angles and updates and maybe a bit better plastic( doubtful ) but still you can't even possibly compare both moto G and xperia Zr

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Zr was launched for around 28-29k not exactly cheap..
Zr looks way more stylish than Moto G , the reviews don't mention any bad plastic.. but as i haven't seen it personally i can't comment if it is better than moto G or not even then i guess it won't be that big of a difference as sony uses quite good materials not of Lumia class but still good materials .

regarding updates like i already said thats one of the two advantages of moto G
but you are just skipping all the other advantages

Extra Powerful CPU
Extra Powerful GPU
Double RAm
Superb Camera
Micro Sd
Sony After sale service ( atleast much better than moto )
Son'y brand Reputation
Bonus feature Like waterproof , dustproof

And android 4.4 kitkat is still great as it was launched in may last year...

the only thing moto got are viewing angles and updates and maybe a bit better plastic( doubtful ) but still you can't even possibly compare both moto G and xperia Zr

well thats your opinion and i respect that, but what i saw is what i posted
sony after sales is better than moto,thats for sure

Top Bottom