Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

the.one

In the zone
Go for it eyes closed.

Yes I can vouch for it too. I find it fantastic using it the last couple of days.
Big bright screen with front firing speakers is great for multimedia and browsing. I don't think I'll need the gyro, I'm also comfortable with the ram & chipset. Performing really well for the basic stuff I do (competitors in this price range offer more ram and sd8xx series processors).

But Moto software suite (especially voice assist) with fast android updates add great value and offset the hardware advantages offered by other devices in the price range.

Initially had problems with wifi, dunno if the hardware supporting lesser wifi bands was causing the issue.

Im returning my device to Flipkart, it's got a defect in the sim slot tray. Otherwise a good product.

Yes I can vouch for it too. I find it fantastic using it the last couple of days.
Big bright screen with front firing speakers is great for multimedia and browsing. I don't think I'll need the gyro, I'm also comfortable with the ram & chipset. Performing really well for the basic stuff I do (competitors in this price range offer more ram and sd8xx series processors).

But Moto software suite (especially voice assist) with fast android updates add great value and offset the hardware advantages offered by other devices in the price range.

Initially had problems with wifi, dunno if the hardware supporting lesser wifi bands was causing the issue.

Im returning my device to Flipkart, it's got a defect in the sim slot tray. Otherwise a good product.

And how's the active noise cancellation ? S2 had good noise cancellation but Honor 4X failed to produce that

the.one

In the zone
Ok, no problem..... Flipkart accepted your return request, right?

Yes but i was asked to visit authorized motorola service center to ratify whether the problem really exists.

Ill be receiving a refund now, will mostly buy back the x play in bbd sale. Considering other options as well but i dont find anything better than this at equal or lesser price.

Zenfone 2 laser also is a fine option and will do ok for my requirements, but x play is better aestheically and has front speakers that for me are worth paying more. Sw updates will be a plus too.

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
Yes but i was asked to visit authorized motorola service center to ratify whether the problem really exists.

Ill be receiving a refund now, will mostly buy back the x play in bbd sale. Considering other options as well but i dont find anything better than this at equal or lesser price.

Zenfone 2 laser also is a fine option and will do ok for my requirements, but x play is better aestheically and has front speakers that for me are worth paying more. Sw updates will be a plus too.
S/w updates being a plus for you after recent dumping of updates for few recent phones by Moto.

Play it safe buddy.

the.one

In the zone
S/w updates being a plus for you after recent dumping of updates for few recent phones by Moto.

Play it safe buddy.

They only dumped moto e2 which is fairly new. Still it's got 5.1.1 which is gr8 for phones in that price range. How many 6k phones can boast 5.1 or an update to it.?

Moto x series will be updated for atleast 2 yrs which is good enough for me. U don't get more than that elsewhere too.

the.one

In the zone
Remember moto is under lenovo not google

Ok so whats the point u guys are trying to make here?

U wanna say there wont be any updates for moto x play/style coz e2 dint get them?

My answer is, if they cant be trusted for updates, then i dont know of any other brand manufacturing android phones that CAN be (other than nexus that is).

amjath

Human Spambot
Ok so whats the point u guys are trying to make here?

U wanna say there wont be any updates for moto x play/style coz e2 dint get them?

My answer is, if they cant be trusted for updates, then i dont know of any other brand manufacturing android phones that CAN be (other than nexus that is).

You cannot expect faster updates. Remember what happened to lollipop update for Moto X [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has more experience :p

the.one

In the zone
You cannot expect faster updates. Remember what happened to lollipop update for Moto X [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has more experience :p

Going by ur logic that should'nt have happened (Remember! Moto X was launched when Moto was under Google). :mrgreen:

Even if faster update is out of question, I suppose it should be getting Android M atleast, if not Android N & O.
Now thats on par with what most other vendors will offer with devices launched in last couple of months.

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
Going by ur logic that should'nt have happened (Remember! Moto X was launched when Moto was under Google). :mrgreen:

Even if faster update is out of question, I suppose it should be getting Android M atleast, if not Android N & O.
Now thats on par with what most other vendors will offer with devices launched in last couple of months.

That's exactly what I meant to convey too. On par with most other vendors compared to past history. Updates maybe slow but certainly will get M.

Just a thought that within a fortnight, we have two phones in market with same SOC with almost similar pricing (+ or -3k, not a big deal when starting at 30k base). Take a peek at Nexus 5x as well if not already as you're closer to that price bracket. If you are ignoring 5x for x style, It's Moto X and stands there. Go Ahead bro... :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would say nexus 5 2015 is better if you need latest android.Don't expect Motorola to provide updates like when they are under google
Just Get 32 GB model and you don't need SD card slot.

Even one plus 2 is better with larger battery.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I EFFING don't have any trust in Motorola to provide latest updates quickly. I had to install a custom ROM before Motorola pushed the Lollipop officially MONTHS after official speculation.
Nexus 2015 2 is the BEST bet. I would probably want to buy it, if I can get a good deal on my Moto X 1st gen. (Probably around Rs 15k :p).

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
They only dumped moto e2 which is fairly new. Still it's got 5.1.1 which is gr8 for phones in that price range. How many 6k phones can boast 5.1 or an update to it.?

Moto x series will be updated for atleast 2 yrs which is good enough for me. U don't get more than that elsewhere too.
Lol micromax android one got android marshmallows 6.0

Top Bottom