Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
This does not feel good, retailers have already started to take pre orders for Play in UK and both Play and Style in Belgium. I'm worried that Motorola would just throw the Moto G at us and hope to keep us quite.

In that case Google will get my money(Nexus 2015).

I contacted Moto Customer care. They said stay tuned for updates

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes, style will be of 33k. No idea about X Play. But I assume 25k.
Any more than that and it will not be competitive any more. Nexus 6 has dropped to 29,999 for the 32GB model. As such at 33k the style might get some challange from the 34k Nexus 6 64GB or the Samsung S6.

$hadow

Geek in making
33k is a lot coz moto is always keep it's devices priced close to USD so I am rooting for anything about 26 to 28k for 16 gb

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
33k is a lot coz moto is always keep it's devices priced close to USD so I am rooting for anything about 26 to 28k for 16 gb

That phone is Moto X Pure edition that is coming in US on 3rd Sept. It will not receive 4G band 40 that works in India. Moto X Style is for India and global market will cost you 33k base model.

$hadow

Geek in making
That phone is Moto X Pure edition that is coming in US on 3rd Sept. It will not receive 4G band 40 that works in India. Moto X Style is for India and global market will cost you 33k base model.

If so would be the case than i highly doubt that it will be competing with oneplus 2 anymore.

tkin

Back to school!!
It's coming: Motorola Moto X Style, Moto X Play to launch in India next month | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Play will be 25k easily. 80 play units are being imported to India "for testing, not for sale" with declared price of $350 (approx 22.5k). Add customs duty, dealers margin, this will easily be 25-26k.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Play will be 25k easily. 80 play units are being imported to India "for testing, not for sale" with declared price of $350 (approx 22.5k). Add customs duty, dealers margin, this will easily be 25-26k.
Are you sure it's play..
Must be style

tkin

Back to school!!
I can pay that much for 32GB. But if its 16GB or lower then it loses its charm.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Some user on xda got 9 hours SOT.

I take back my words, even though this has a fairly good battery life with many users getting 5 hours SOT with some 9 hours, the phone has it's own set of issues, with apps opening slowly too some lag issues.(From multiple sources).

So I guess nexus 5 with snap 620 will be the phone i buy.

tkin

Back to school!!
X Play Reviews are out:

Review: Motorola Moto X*Play - Canadian Reviewer - Reviews, News and Opinion with a Canadian Perspective

*www.androidpit.com/motorola-moto-x-play-review

Still need more reviews. I have seen Subway Surfer stuttering on HTC Desire 820. Still don't trust the chipset yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Camera Shootout, Xplay vs S6.

Camera shootout: Moto X Play vs. Galaxy S6 - Can a $400 phone stand up to Android's best? | MobileSyrup.com

S6 wins of course, but considering the price difference(about 100%) the XPlay puts up a respectable fight. XStyle is still to show its fangs.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Camera Review - the Verge:

Motorola's new camera is a massive upgrade over anything it's done before | The Verge

$hadow

Geek in making
X Play Reviews are out:

Review: Motorola Moto X*Play - Canadian Reviewer - Reviews, News and Opinion with a Canadian Perspective

*www.androidpit.com/motorola-moto-x-play-review

Still need more reviews. I have seen Subway Surfer stuttering on HTC Desire 820. Still don't trust the chipset yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Camera Shootout, Xplay vs S6.

Camera shootout: Moto X Play vs. Galaxy S6 - Can a $400 phone stand up to Android's best? | MobileSyrup.com

S6 wins of course, but considering the price difference(about 100%) the XPlay puts up a respectable fight. XStyle is still to show its fangs.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Camera Review - the Verge:

Motorola's new camera is a massive upgrade over anything it's done before | The Verge

S6 is still holding strong in camera dept but the fact is that if it is being compared with a phone about half of it's cost so it means a lot to that phone.

Top Bottom