Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

Dr. House

No Regrets
*cnet4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2015/07/28/bc0e81f4-ba65-4832-93cd-65befd16541d/thumbnail/770x433/fcc6b225a8ab9fcfb0b2806fd3e048a5/motorola-moto-x-style.jpg
Style

*cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/15/07/motorola-moto-x-style-play-launched/-728/gsmarena_007.jpg
Play

Moto X Style:

5.7-inch quad-HD display
Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 1.8GHz hexa-core processor
3GB of RAM
A 21-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
Universal LTE banding
3,000 mAh battery
microSD support up to 128GB
Android 5.1.1 Pure Android
399$ (25.5k INR)

Moto X Play:

5.5-inch 1080p display
Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 1.7GHz octa-core processor
3,630mAh battery
21-megapixel rear camera
5 megapixel front camera
2GB of RAM
Dual SIM version available
SIM + microSD integration card slot
Android 5.1.1 Pure Android
Only $299 (19k INR)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hands down the best looking and probably the best performing phones in both segments. Amazing that motorola got these out, this effectively becomes the flagship killer for 2015.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Man OP2 was killed they day it was launched xD

Only if this has 805 instead of 808 then it would have been perfect.
Oh well

Atleast it has a hell of a camera :D
DxOMark Rates The Moto X Style Camera As Second Best, Just Behind The Galaxy S6

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
808 is rocking! This Hexa core chip has no issues and works like charm in G4. Brilliant decision Motorola. Hope they launch in the right price like US.

tkin

Back to school!!
Someone head over to the one plus forums and see how the fanboys just lost their $hit, there is wild spamming there. Seems OP just lost their cool real bad, the Style will be the real flagship killer this year.

For reference:
*i.imgur.com/OxLdsrT.png

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
What an idiot person, he doesn't know Oneplus 2 released in night of 27th July (according to US time zone) and these Moto phones in morning of 28th July. *sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

And what's wrong if more even phones launch on the same date?

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody tell me the difference between Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
808 is rocking! This Hexa core chip has no issues and works like charm in G4. Brilliant decision Motorola. Hope they launch in the right price like US.
808 might be good but 805 is better and also has a better GPU (418 vs 420)

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Which one will receive OTA update first? Pure or Style?

- - - Updated - - -

808 might be good but 805 is better and also has a better GPU (418 vs 420)

Maybe Snapdragon discontinued that for new phones and pushing companies for 810 v2.1

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Somehow the design of this so called flagship killer don't appeal to me as much as Moto X 2nd gen. It had the curves.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Moto X Play will be priced at £299 which is approx Rs 30,000 and the Moto X Style will be priced at £359 or approx Rs 36,000. The Indian prices and launch date are yet to be announced. Hope the price it right or else Oneplus 2 is the clear winner here in this range.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Guys can someone put some light on this-

Moto X Style-5.7 inch quad HD and 3000 mah!

Very unusual combo.
Battery life will be shattered same as N6

tkin

Back to school!!
Moto X Play will be priced at £299 which is approx Rs 30,000 and the Moto X Style will be priced at £359 or approx Rs 36,000. The Indian prices and launch date are yet to be announced. Hope the price it right or else Oneplus 2 is the clear winner here in this range.
Moto X Play will probably be 270 Euro, that's 19k.
Moto X Style will probably be 360 Euro, that's 25k.

- Source GSMArena.

These will be the base 16GB model prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Very unusual combo.
Battery life will not be shattered, but less than some other phones, most probably in the same league as some HTC models and the old Moto X. Quick charge will definitely help.

I'm more excited about the play edition. After using the LG G2 for 2 years I had come to the conclusion that a 4 core 1.5GHZ+ CPU should be enough for all the tasks that I do and some moderate gaming(I don't play games in mobile). For users like me who use the phone for internet, photography, some other non gaming apps like fb, email and especially music the snapdragon 808 or the 810 with its powerful gpu will be an overkill. I am rather interested in SOT and call time, plus charging speed. Also the size should be comfortable. The One Plus Two as well as the Moto X Style won't suit these needs, the Play edition will. That's the phone I'm going to buy to replace the LG G2. I am sure it will have phenomenal battery life.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets

Very unusual combo.

Don't fall on the specs game. On papers it doesn't wow as Motorola promised it will give you battery life should last at least "a full day,". May be it is all about hardware and software integration they worked on. Also FYI Note 4 with same 5.7" 4k screen has 3220mAH just the difference of 220mAH and here in Moto X style a hexacore 808 is newer and more power efficient. Last but not the least it is the fastest charging phone in the world as per Motorola. So cheers! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X Play will probably be 270 Euro, that's 19k.
Moto X Style will probably be 360 Euro, that's 25k.

- Source GSMArena.

These will be the base 16GB model prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery life will not be shattered, but less than some other phones, most probably in the same league as some HTC models and the old Moto X. Quick charge will definitely help.

I'm more excited about the play edition. After using the LG G2 for 2 years I had come to the conclusion that a 4 core 1.5GHZ+ CPU should be enough for all the tasks that I do and some moderate gaming(I don't play games in mobile). For users like me who use the phone for internet, photography, some other non gaming apps like fb, email and especially music the snapdragon 808 or the 810 with its powerful gpu will be an overkill. I am rather interested in SOT and call time, plus charging speed. Also the size should be comfortable. The One Plus Two as well as the Moto X Style won't suit these needs, the Play edition will. That's the phone I'm going to buy to replace the LG G2. I am sure it will have phenomenal battery life.

Dude right now Indian economy sucks. A pound is equal to 99.99 INR. So those conversion might be right as per past pricing of Moto Xs. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me which phone is selling best with Soc snapdragon 615 that comes with X Play? Cheapest one is Yureka Plus and that costs just 10k.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Moto X style is too big to handle

17~18k is a good killer price for Moto Play as it has 21MP and excellent battery :-D

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Moto X style is too big to handle

17~18k is a good killer price for Moto Play as it has 21MP and excellent battery :-D

They have managed Moto X Style with 76% screen body ratio. It's sized as big as Oneplus One and smaller than iphone 6 plus.
For Play I don't think they will price it below 20k.

tkin

Back to school!!
Don't fall on the specs game. On papers it doesn't wow as Motorola promised it will give you battery life should last at least "a full day,". May be it is all about hardware and software integration they worked on. Also FYI Note 4 with same 5.7" 4k screen has 3220mAH just the difference of 220mAH and here in Moto X style a hexacore 808 is newer and more power efficient. Last but not the least it is the fastest charging phone in the world as per Motorola. So cheers! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dude right now Indian economy sucks. A pound is equal to 99.99 INR. So those conversion might be right as per past pricing of Moto Xs. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me which phone is selling best with Soc snapdragon 615 that comes with X Play? Cheapest one is Yureka Plus and that costs just 10k.
From Wikipedia:

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
bq Aquaris M5
bq Aquaris M5,
HTC Desire 820
Archos 50 Diamond
Oppo R5
Coolpad F2 LTE
YU Yureka
Samsung Galaxy A7
Huawei P8lite (US)
ZTE Blade S6
Xiaomi Mi 4i
HTC Desire 826
ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini

LG G PAD x8.3

Bold ones are doing well I think.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Now I am confused between Moto X Play and Style. I never game on phone. I mostly use it to take photos, fb, whatsapp, web browsing and ofc to make call.
Phone should give excellent battery back like Oneplus One/Cyanogen did with Kitkat 4.4.

tkin

Back to school!!
Now I am confused between Moto X Play and Style. I never game on phone. I mostly use it to take photos, fb, whatsapp, web browsing and ofc to make call.
Phone should give excellent battery back like Oneplus One/Cyanogen did with Kitkat 4.4.
This is the exact reason I'm leaning towards Play.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I for one was sure to buy one plus two as soon as it launched. That was my level of expectations. But they have failed. If Moto launches style in 25-28k range, I am definitely buying it. Else my moto G jindabaad

Top Bottom