Moto G71 Queries and Discussion

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi everyone!

After waiting for a small phone to release for nearly 2 years I finally gave up on the "small" part and made a switch from Moto G5+ to Moto G71.

Rant: After using this for 1 day, I have to say 1 thing that Moto still hasn't changed after nearly 5 years in their memory management. G71 comes with 6GB memory which is clearly enough for basic usage.
But with 4-5 apps running in background, while browsing reddit, the phone gets locked because of screen inactivity, whenever I unlock it, the app reloads completely afresh. So not only front page got refreshed, I also lost the thread I was browsing. If this was happening for a game where the game is big and needs to be reloaded after unlocking screen, I understand this. But not for social media apps. Is there any setting through which I can keep at least 2 last accessed apps in memory without getting refreshed? I also have access to Samsung S20FE and with nearly 10 apps running in background this doesn't happen.

Back camera is fine I guess but front cam is good. I compared both the cameras against S20FE. Didn't realize S20FE back camera was so good until I compared it side by side!

Let me know in case you have any queries regarding this phone and I will try to answer as much as possible.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Update on the battery- TLDR: 10hrs+ SOT with 20% charge remaining
After using for past few days, battery in this new phone is holding quite well. As of now, I am getting around 10hrs of Screen-On-Time with 20% charge still left. Most of my usage is reddit, chrome browser, some other apps and games like Clash Royale and COC for 5mins-15mins of gameplay; all this on Wifi only, mobile data was not used. I was not expecting this battery life even with a new phone.
I will enable the battery optimisation which charges battery upto 80% at normal speed and last 20% at slow pace. Will update how that works.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Looks like I forgot to update here. The battery does charge over 80% if I enable battery optimisation.
Nowadays I don't use reddit and games but still use browser and messaging apps, some calls, twitch etc, I get above 9hrs of SOT and 20% battery remaining. Its a decent phone for people who are looking for good battery with snappy response for basic usage.

Top Bottom