The Slowest One
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
5 inch

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Moto. Hate Samsung and Sony.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Nothing special. DOn't care much about this.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G and 4G.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

lots of browsing and games like Clash of Clans or Clash Royale. No big games like Asphalt.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Moto g5 and g5 plus

10. Any other info that you want to share
Screen is important factor for me. I prefer a 5" mobile but g5 seems to have TFT and g5 Plus has IPS LCD 5.2", as per some sites, but nothijng is confirmed yet. So i am leaning more towards g5 plus. Next thing is browsing. I ususally open 5 tabs in browser and then few apps in background. At last is gaming, games should not lag.
So, shall i go for g5 or g5Plus given the overall specs of both mobile. If g5 will suffice me for 3 years then I would like save money for something else.

And I have decided to go for moto cause of the availability of the service centers. So no Xiaomi and such. Lenovo could be a option but I don't like the brick design.

So I want suggestions to resolve my confusion. Thanks in advance :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
And I have decided to go for moto cause of the availability of the service centers. So no Xiaomi and such. Lenovo could be a option but I don't like the brick design.

So I want suggestions to resolve my confusion. Thanks in advance :)

[/COLOR]

Moto Service centers are terrible too so my suggestion is get Zuk Z2. Pros are it has SD820 which is far better than SD625 and lenovo service centers are better than Moto also some digit members are using zuk z2 and their feedback its a good phone and very good battery life.

Sorry for confusing you but Zuk Z2 is better option.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
No problem dude :) .
Zuk Z2 has good specs but has so many negative reviews so I thought it is not a good phone.
And Lenovo and Moto has samme service centres you also know that. Though B2 does have terrible service but I feel its better than Samsung and Sony.
And another thing is the design, don't like that design. Though moto is also just average, i just like to handle round edges more.
So I have fixed my mind on MotoG5/Plus.

Link to original post : *forum.digit.in/buying-advice/199948-moto-g5-g5-plus-post2312937.html#post2312937

Minion

Conversation Architect
No problem dude :) .
Zuk Z2 has good specs but has so many negative reviews so I thought it is not a good phone.
And Lenovo and Moto has samme service centres you also know that. Though B2 does have terrible service but I feel its better than Samsung and Sony.
And another thing is the design, don't like that design. Though moto is also just average, i just like to handle round edges more.
So I have fixed my mind on MotoG5/Plus.

Link to original post : *forum.digit.in/buying-advice/199948-moto-g5-g5-plus-post2312937.html#post2312937

Your choice dude but Moto G5/plus has not been launched in India and there is no reviews and without any reviews it is pretty difficult to suggest a phone.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] , I understand that. But I am ready to take the risk here. I need suggestions just based on the specs of the mobile and my needs.
[MENTION=117522]sumit05[/MENTION] , yeah.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Offtopic-
Lenovo is Ditching their "Moto by Lenovo" Branding Plans, Reintroducing "Motorola" Nam

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] , I understand that. But I am ready to take the risk here. I need suggestions just based on the specs of the mobile and my needs.
[MENTION=117522]sumit05[/MENTION] , yeah.

Then you should get G5 plus.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Today i will receive it. Fingers crossed. I am actually worried after reading negative reviews on Flipkart and also, i asked my friend to order as I dont have internet connection at home so I didnt know that replacement time for this is just 10 days! does Moto know that they are goin to face lots x100 of issues?!

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Today i will receive it. Fingers crossed. I am actually worried after reading negative reviews on Flipkart and also, i asked my friend to order as I dont have internet connection at home so I didnt know that replacement time for this is just 10 days! does Moto know that they are goin to face lots x100 of issues?!

Please let us know how is the phone.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Sure. I will post my overall experience after a week usage.

- - - Updated - - -

One more suggestion needed, which brand has good quality Back Case Cover and Screen Guards?? Need to buy asap and I am not used to handling such a big mobile.

Also, there is a major bug, reported by many, When Chrome browser is started, the phone goes to vibrate mode, or Do Not Disturb mode. To increase the phone volume, need to force close Chrome.

I am not getting to test it completely. Will try to do on this coming weekend and then post here about it.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Update 2: waiting for the replacement unit.
PS:Before that the technician has to come and check my complain is genuine and If I not damaged the product.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Since when they have kept your phone with themselves?

They haven't. Their site tells me that there is one service centre in my location, the number and address mentioned were wrong btw. So, I sent a mail to Lenovo's chairman Yang and I got a call from a team leader from Bangalore and he gave me the right number. I called that number and the guy told me that he will give me a quote for the broken screen which he hasn't, even after multiple calls. What a shame.

CEDO Flexible Ultra Slim Premium Silicone TPU: Amazon.in: Electronic

Chevron Moto G5 Plus Tough Hybrid Armor Back Cover Case: Amazon.in: Electronic

Chevron Moto G5 Plus Tempered Glass: Amazon.in: Electronic

Kaira 0.3Mm 9H Hardness Ultra Clear, Anti-Scratch: Amazon.in: Electronic

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I believe service centers of almost every company suck balls. I personally had very bad experiences with Sony and Nokia. I have seen my friends getting frustrated and abusive for *quality* service from Apple and Samsung.
Well, services from LG was good and very quick though. Maybe because LG sells very less no. of phones when compared to others.

Overall if your phone got fu$$ed up, most probably you are going to have a bad time.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Can anyone help me out with the email address of Sudhir Mathur, MD Moto India and Amit Boni, Country head, Moto India.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok, today I had decided to give the small review which I promised. I will start with Flipkart.

Terrible service from Flipkart. I received a defective piece. The first phone which arrived had touch problem whenever I plugged in my JBL headsets. Surprisingly had no such issue with other headsets. So I ignored it. Then I connected the charger after sometime and i felt the slight current at the back panel of the phone. So whenever phone is in turbo charge more, I could feel the current, though very slight, I was worried, hence I ordered for replacement.
Second time the phone arrived, had a fake screen and I had to immediately call customer care. They refunded the amount as the replacement policy works only once, thankfully.
Then I decided to give another try, ordered again, this time received the phone within 2nd day. Had same issues just like 1st phone, additionally, back panel is dirty, clearly someone has used it.

After 3 FML moments, I decided to keep this mobile as I need a phone now, I waited for 3 1/2 months for this release.

Apart from these, the only con I noticed is battery. It is slightly better than normal. It can survive one full day usage of moderate which includes hearing of Songs, videos, games like clash royale, browse net, with 4G data always on. Since I dont use my phone much in office and I always switch off my data when I am not using it, I charge my phone only once in two days. It took 2hr30mins to charge from 10% to 100%. From 10 to 85% is really fast, but it takes time after reaching 90%.

Also,it does slightly gets heated up while charging in Turbo mode. Keep this in such a place where the temp isn't hot. I kept it over my bag, at the corner of the room, with fan off. when I came back after an hour, it was hot. So avoid this.

Camera, I can't really say about it as I have zero knowledge in this area. For me its good enough as I never cared about camera and I am coming from Moto E2.

Surf net, was smooth. Opened 4-5 tabs and 5-6 apps running in background, it didn't lag, neither got hot.

Yet to play game for straight 30mins to check if it gets hot after that. Will update here if anyone needs.

Let me know if someone wants to know more.

Sorry billubakra, were you able to resolve your problem?

Top Bottom