Moto G4 suddenly turns off after battery replacement

srdigit16

In the zone
I have a Moto G4 bought in 2017 January. It's battery was replaced with a compatible one 2 months ago as the original battery wasn't holding charge. Since then the phone often suddenly switches off even before battery level goes to 0 & when the charger is plugged the battery level is not 0 (it shows 25, 40 etc). Sometimes, even before reaching 100 the lock screen shows it as charged Rarely the phone still stays on when battery is below 5%. The local service shop technicians says the battery is OK & something is wrong with the phone.
Is there really something wrong with the phone?
Is it worth repairing or replacing the battery or should I buy a new phone instead?
Will a factory reset or battery calibration fix the issue?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It may be possible that this compatible battery is not playing nice with your charging adapter. If it is original moto charger then try another compatible charger or if it is a compatible charger then try moto original charger.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think ~3 years is what most mid-range Android phones last for. Time for a new phone.

Regarding problem, factory reset and calibration is the only fixes you can try. Otherwise, it's definitely going to be a hardware issue which may not be worthwhile to spend money on.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try an app like this : AccuBattery - Apps on Google Play

and check the health of the battery while charging. Also @ico is right, phones aren't made to last as long nowadays.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom