Moto g3 for battery life?

$hadow

Geek in making
maybe but only android created this specs race and is dying in it
No other os has issues with other hardware
even the most bottlenecked Lumia (hardware-wise) , the 1020 will still beats the socks off most androids

But you will agree on the fact that mostly a potential buyer will look at the specs before buying and it might be a turnoff.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But you will agree on the fact that mostly a potential buyer will look at the specs before buying and it might be a turnoff.

Granted ! Im not disagreeing with you, just posting a fact :)

Sadly the regular consumer will fall for specs

Like Mediatek octa core phones for under 10k or Samsungs low and mid range offerings which are honestly not worth it imho

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Ordered moto g3. :) I don't think I'll be using using camera much and as Iam an android user, I think it's a safe buy.

$hadow

Geek in making
Granted ! Im not disagreeing with you, just posting a fact :)

Sadly the regular consumer will fall for specs

Like Mediatek octa core phones for under 10k or Samsungs low and mid range offerings which are honestly not worth it imho

That's the main problem and we are still not able to set the spec race aside. And I really feel sorry for the consumer.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey OP, it would be great if you could provide some in depth user review since now you've had the phone for about 2 weeks.
How's the
1. camera 2.the battery life (screen on time) 3. multitasking experience 4. Gaming experience etc.
Also do you have the 2gb ram or 1gb ram model?

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Camera is decent not great,battery is pretty good,don't expect heavy multitasking on this phone,gaming is decent as it has adreno 306 GPU heavy games will struggle with FPS.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^Camera is decent not great,battery is pretty good,don't expect heavy multitasking on this phone,gaming is decent as it has adreno 306 GPU heavy games will struggle with FPS.
Why not expect heavy multitasking? Any issues? 2gb ram not enough?

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey OP, it would be great if you could provide some in depth user review since now you've had the phone for about 2 weeks.
How's the
1. camera 2.the battery life (screen on time) 3. multitasking experience 4. Gaming experience etc.
Also do you have the 2gb ram or 1gb ram model?
1. I don't use the camera much so can't comment on it. Iam not much of a camera fanatic lol.

2. Coming to battery life, it's on par with lumia 640 if not better. I can tell this based on real time experience with my friend's lumia 640.

If you just use the mobile for calling facility, then you can expect 2 and half days battery and at most of 3 days.

The standby time is just great. The battery drained 3% only from 7AM to 6PM. The charging times is 2 hours if you are using a 2.1A charger.

3. I casually play some basic games such as subway surfer and use my mobile mostly for calling purpose. I don't find any problem with multitasking and everything is buttery smooth.

I satisfy all of my gaming needs with my nexus 7 2013. :).

Anymore questions? Feel free to ask. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
1. I don't use the camera much so can't comment on it. Iam not much of a camera fanatic lol.

2. Coming to battery life, it's on par with lumia 640 if not better. I can tell this based on real time experience with my friend's lumia 640.

If you just use the mobile for calling facility, then you can expect 2 and half days battery and at most of 3 days.

The standby time is just great. The battery drained 3% only from 7AM to 6PM. The charging times is 2 hours if you are using a 2.1A charger.

3. I casually play some basic games such as subway surfer and use my mobile mostly for calling purpose. I don't find any problem with multitasking and everything is buttery smooth.

I satisfy all of my gaming needs with my nexus 7 2013. :).

Anymore questions? Feel free to ask. :)
I have two queries:

1. Have you noticed any kind of heating? Any at all? During gaming, or during call etc.

2. Have you noticed any lags? Stutters when opening the recent tasks menu, or after turning on internet when lots of apps try to update simultaneously. Perhaps when using a large number of apps?

-Thanks in advance.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I have two queries:

1. Have you noticed any kind of heating? Any at all? During gaming, or during call etc.

2. Have you noticed any lags? Stutters when opening the recent tasks menu, or after turning on internet when lots of apps try to update simultaneously. Perhaps when using a large number of apps?

-Thanks in advance.
The phone gets warm. "warm" in the sense, comfortably warm. No overheating even while gaming.
Again, I need to check high end games but for casual games, no heating.

When playing subway surfers, I noticed a hiccup during start of the game but later, everything became smooth. Don't know It's the phone problem or the app optimization.

Apart from that, no lag whatsoever in general usage even if Iam using tons of apps.

tkin

Back to school!!
The phone gets warm. "warm" in the sense, comfortably warm. No overheating even while gaming.
Again, I need to check high end games but for casual games, no heating.

When playing subway surfers, I noticed a hiccup during start of the game but later, everything became smooth. Don't know It's the phone problem or the app optimization.

Apart from that, no lag whatsoever in general usage even if Iam using tons of apps.
Nice. And Subway surfer does that, even on my LG G2. Hiccups at the start of the run.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Same used to happen on my old Asus Zenfone 5. I believe it's the optimization issue with the app.

Battery life has been decent with me till now for Moto G3 with 2G turned on for whole day. Though I need to check with 3G turned on whole day.

H2O

Journeyman
The phone is great. Extremely fluid. Opened ten odd apps and it hardly lagged. The camera is ok. Nothing great but not bad as well. Front camera is a bit meh though. The battery life though is amazing. Now to the heating issue. Its usually around 35°C - 40°C. Also due to the backcover, you don't feel that much heat.

Top Bottom