Moto G vs Moto G2

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yea, I know the obvious differences - specs and all.

But I want to know, which is the better built phone out of the two? My mother needs a new phone. This is going to be her first Android phone. That's why the dilemma.

I also think Moto G2 is too big to handle. But then big characters on screen is good for reading for old people.

$hadow

Geek in making
I would say there are not a lot of difference if you compare both the gens. The main visible difference is screen size. I would suggest you to get 1st gen. Though he camera and front firing speakers are a big plus when compared to first gen.
Choose as per your requirements
Compact size 1st gen
Better camera, big screen and good speakers 2 nd gen.
Rest is nearly the same in both except moto g 1st gen has 8 gb in in built memory and 2nd gen has 16 gb.

ankush28

Bazinga
I'd vote for OG Moto G 2013.
>Its PERFECT for single handed use
>sharper screen(not just ppi, 2nd gen feels like it has slightly low quality screen.)
>13GB is more than enough
>Its cheap
>Moms do like bigger phones but they can't handle it :D Small and compact phones are good for them.
My mom enjoys using Moto E. She was first insisting on bigger screens, particularly samsung phones :D
But then big characters on screen is good for reading for old people.
Actually this won't matter whether it has 4.5" or 5" screen. Correct me if I am wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

OG Moto G is 9999 currently... some offer for 2.5M motorola owners in india

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
upgraded from LG Optimus One (3.2") to 2nd gen Moto G so 5.0" felt big initially but after a month of usage it feels normal. maybe due to the thin bezel and curved back. now the first gen Moto G feel small. also 2014 model makes better use of the overall space. 1st gen had this big chunk of space at the bottom wasted for no clear reason.

Actually this won't matter whether it has 4.5" or 5" screen. Correct me if I am wrong.

true. webpage text size is almost same size and you can find more of the content fit on the screen.
*i.imgur.com/T3ZdzTc.jpg
left one is 1st gen. right is 2nd gen

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
why not get her a windows phone instead? its easier for older people to use and is an excellent os
the Lumia 625 is available for 9k now on amazon.in and is a steal for the price
the screen is rich and well sized and larger windows phone handsets such as the 625 tend to have large text size on screen which is great for her if she has reading glass number and forgets her specs from time to time(like my mom)

- - - Updated - - -

heres a link to the Lumia 625 for 9k
Nokia Lumia 625 (Black): Buy Nokia Lumia 625 (Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

- - - Updated - - -

if she likes colour-
*www.amazon.in/Nokia-625-Lumia-Orange/dp/B00EOPJL3O/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416852577&sr=1-4&keywords=lumia+625

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally used the Moto G 2nd gen and the phone is HUGE. Screen is really bright and quite sharp.

But I feel the Moto G is better built and felt better to hold in my hand. The screen isn't really "small" in the G1 and your mom should be able to use it fine.

Nutbid

New to this forum
hey, thanks your post is really very helpful it will help us to differentiate between Moto G and Moto G2 both are good smartphones but it is important to know the merits and demerits before buying.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Will buy the Moto G2 actually.

Missed the Moto G @ 10k bus. Had a hell lot of time but didn't feel like buying it for some reason.

androidbabbles

New to this forum
Moto G vs Moto G2 (2014): Price

The Moto G2 comes in at £145 for the 8 GB model which is only a little more than the Moto G 4G which you can pick up for £130. Meanwhile, the original Moto G can be yours for around £100 on a PAYG basis.

The pricing makes total sense but read on to see what you get for you money between the Moto G models.

ankush28

Bazinga
Moto G vs Moto G2 (2014): Price

The Moto G2 comes in at £145 for the 8 GB model which is only a little more than the Moto G 4G which you can pick up for £130. Meanwhile, the original Moto G can be yours for around £100 on a PAYG basis.

The pricing makes total sense but read on to see what you get for you money between the Moto G models.

Actually doesn't matter much because its digit.IN :)

Top Bottom