1. Budget?
13k-20k
2. Display type and size?
Preferrably full hd upto 5.5 inches
3. Dual sim?
Not necessary ,would be good if its there
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Moto,Htc
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Flash,front facing
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android only
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G is a must
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto g 3rd gen,zenfone2,zenfone selfie
10. Any other info that you want to share
Fm radio is a must ,avoiding mediateck processors unless assured of non heating and good performance

I am curious about the camera quality of zenfone 2 vs moto g 3rd gen ,people who have any idea about them please tell.
Samsung is also at last releasing new phones with killer specs j5 and j7 ,would have gone for this but i already own a samsung so want to go for something else.On another note any idea about how j7's exynos compare with sd615??

Minion

Conversation Architect
Zenphone 2 is much better than Moto G3.

Mediatek processors doesn't have heating issues.

Samsung j series phone have some unknown processor so avoid it at any cost.

$hadow

Geek in making
zenphone 2 is great but the camera isn't. So if you can live with a sub par camera you would be just fine.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Mediatek sucks trust me
Get snapdragon or intel based only imho
Zenfone 2 camera is OK,I wouldnt call it subpar as such but yeah its poor compared to the competition
still a better deal than samsung

Techguy

In the zone
Zenphone 2 is much better than Moto G3.

Mediatek processors doesn't have heating issues.

Samsung j series phone have some unknown processor so avoid it at any cost.

Zenfone 2 battery life is bad, camera is supposedly worse, bad UI (subjective).

ankushv

Journeyman
J5 and J7 don't have ambient light sensor .
Mostly i read on the internet that the moto g 3rd gen has a good camera .
I'd guess waiting for the moto x play and style is better .

the.one

In the zone
Last year Mi 3 was for 13k

Samsung is pricing phones worth 6-7k at 12k.

Moto g3 and Samsung j5 have similar hw specs to redmi 2 prime at 7k. They'll never be able to compete with brands like xiaomi on price front.

J5/j7 though are rather poor. J5 has a 2 pt multitouch screen I saw in some review

Techguy

In the zone
Moto g3 and Samsung j5 have similar hw specs to redmi 2 prime at 7k. They'll never be able to compete with brands like xiaomi on price front.

J5/j7 though are rather poor. J5 has a 2 pt multitouch screen I saw in some review

IMO, Moto has better software; cameras are better, battery is most probably better, more stable software?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Zenfone 2 battery life is bad, camera is supposedly worse, bad UI (subjective).

Bad battery is due to lollipop 5.0 all devices running on android 5.0 is facing same problem.Zenphone 2 battery life will increase after asus update zenphone 2 to 5.1.1

Camera is good not great in zenphone 2.

Zen UI is better than MIUI.

the.one

In the zone
IMO, Moto has better software; cameras are better, battery is most probably better, more stable software?

Moto has done very less on the software, just takes stock android, adds few of its apps and features, tests it very well for its hardware.

Other manufacturers make more efforts to improve the android experience with their own skins. Yet with a few bugs and performance issues all their efforts fall in vain.

So u see, moto gets more credit for its software by doing virtually nothing.

I have a Moto E & zenfone 5 at home and prefer the zen ui over the stock android exp on Moto.

Yes but the Moto g can be considered a better no hassles phone than others.

OP
S

shade1

Broken In
Hmm it seems that asus zenfone 2's camera can't even compete with moto g3,now that is not acceptable.I think i will wait for other phones like zuk,mi5,moto x play if that is indeed the case.

Techguy

In the zone
Bad battery is due to lollipop 5.0 all devices running on android 5.0 is facing same problem.Zenphone 2 battery life will increase after asus update zenphone 2 to 5.1.1

Camera is good not great in zenphone 2.

Zen UI is better than MIUI.

Okay, but I'd take MIUI anyday over ZenUi; and Stock Android anyday over MIUI.

- - - Updated - - -

Moto has done very less on the software, just takes stock android, adds few of its apps and features, tests it very well for its hardware.
Other manufacturers make more efforts to improve the android experience with their own skins. Yet with a few bugs and performance issues all their efforts fall in vain.
I have a Moto E & zenfone 5 at home and prefer the zen ui over the stock android exp on Moto.

Okay, this is my personal opinion, but ZenUI looks ugly.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Im gonna have to disagree about one point
Moto doesnt really skin their rom or add stuff but they certainly optimise roms miles better than google themselves
Google sucks at optimisation
coming from a nexus 5 and 7 user
Moto does an excellent job

the.one

In the zone
Im gonna have to disagree about one point
Moto doesnt really skin their rom or add stuff but they certainly optimise roms miles better than google themselves
Google sucks at optimisation
coming from a nexus 5 and 7 user
Moto does an excellent job

Ok it maybe better than google's own version. I have not used nexus devices long enough to comment on this.

But this can be expected, moto has had access to google's expertise directly when they were under google. Most of their current hits Moto G, X line-up came up under google's own guidance.

And google's own version for the nexus series being so poorly optimised is laughable. The stock version itself has so many holes, what can users expect from custom skins..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Ok it maybe better than google's own version. I have not used nexus devices long enough to comment on this.

But this can be expected, moto has had access to google's expertise directly when they were under google. Most of their current hits Moto G, X line-up came up under google's own guidance.

And google's own version for the nexus series being so poorly optimised is laughable. The stock version itself has so many holes, what can users expect from custom skins..

true! though I give Google zero credit for Moto
Moto actually became much better once it was in the Lenovo buy out period than when it was bought by Google
The most ironic thing is both Google Nexus and Lenovo's own lineups actually have more issues than Moto in terms of software and hardware
the prime example is the Nexus 6 and Moto Turbo , Same price, miles better vfm factor in Moto despite N6 being manufactured by Moto

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
The reason why Moto phones are faster or optimized cause they use F2FS filesystem instead of normal ext4 ;)

Top Bottom