Moto G (2014) Discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Comparing Moto G with 2nd gen, I feel this isn't really an upgrade.

Motorola increased the screen size while keeping the resolution same, thereby lowering PPI to below 300, which is less than what human eye could notice. Not a good upgrade. The amount of RAM is same of 1 gig which probably is not a negative, but definitely not a positive point. Camera upgraded to 8 MP, but video it can take is still 720p and as per the initial observations from digit reviewers at launch event, also not a good upgrade. No upgrades in processor or GPU whatsoever. Battery the same also, which considering the fact that screen size have been made larger is a con.

The only upgrade seems to be the expandable memory. Also front speakers are welcome, but a Moto E style speaker grill, just looks ugly.
Priced just 1k less than previous gen? Well, times have changed a lot since January 2014, and hence Moto G 2nd gen in my opinion fails to give any sort of impression.

Which also explains the fact that Moto G 2nd gen is still available on FK. Didn't go out of stock in 10 hours. Lol.

I hope Moto X is atleast a worthy upgrade which from the news seems to be like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I want a better Moto G, not a bigger Moto G. Holds true.
I Don’t Want a Bigger Moto X. I Want a Better Moto X.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
There are many other phones coming out right ,mediatek has a new Soc with big .little architecture ,and huawei with kirin Soc ,let's see how they perform , if mediatek can provide snappy user experience ,its worth buying them I guess

the big.little chip Mtk6595 is not a budget chip .. so you won't find it in 15k phones.. it will be available in around 25k phones.. for 15k phones they have 6752 chip .. octa 2 ghz Core Cortex A53 + Mali T760 Mp4

2015 is going to be the year for mediatek.. as they are rumored to be releasing source code for their chips

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

Add moto E (2015) discussion thread.. from tumor to reality.. ;)

Top Bottom