In terms of pure specs
which is more powerful ?
Moto E vs S duos 2 vs Lumia 525
can someone explain it to me in detail

PS : i am not a techie...just an interested layman in tech :p

Nerevarine

Incarnate
pure specs, Lumia 525 is the most powerful.. Dual core Krait + 1 GB RAM
However, comparing 2 OSES, getting the Moto E is more VFM and better in in almost every way
Camera wise S duos 2 has the best of all of them

rish1

Cyborg Agent
in terms of Pure Specs Lumia 525 is more powerful .. followed by Moto E followed by S duos 2

Lumia 525 has Krait 200 cores.. which are very powerful and made for High performance .. Also the GPU is Adreno 305 ( faster than Moto E's Adreno 305 ). Though they are clocked at 1 ghz still they are much powerful than Cortex A7 and A9 at 1.2 ghz

Moto E has Cortex A7 cores which are Power efficient cores with good enough performance .. The gpu is Adreno 305 as well but it is 50 Mhz slower than 525 .. also it is being reported there is some lag when playing asphalt 8

Although S duos 2 has Cortex A9 cores but they are of older generation and are less powerful than Moto E Cortex A7. The GPU is crappy , very less performance and bad Drivers support..

Pure raw performance wise Lumia 525 >S Duos 2> Moto E

S Duos 2 has cortex A9 dual core & the GPU isn't bad(it's the same chipset as that of S2 Plus). It's a good buy for 8.5k, but you may never get an Android upgrade. You get a decent enough camera with flash & front facing camera

Moto E may be better in benchmarks due to kitkat. It will get future Android upgrade. Its a vfm phone @ 7k.

525 is not recommended as it's windows phone. You can get Xperia M @ 10k now

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Pure raw performance wise Lumia 525 >S Duos 2> Moto E

S Duos 2 has cortex A9 dual core & the GPU isn't bad(it's the same chipset as that of S2 Plus). It's a good buy for 8.5k, but you may never get an Android upgrade. You get a decent enough camera with flash & front facing camera

Moto E may be better in benchmarks due to kitkat. It will get future Android upgrade. Its a vfm phone @ 7k.

I disagree my friend Here.. you might be unaware that the performance of Cores doesn't stay static .. Arm generally Updates and modifies the Performance of Cores during the period of time..
The Cortex A9 used by Broadcomm are the weakest Cortex A9's and are of older generation . But the Cortex A7 here is a updated and newer Cortex A7 which gives out more performance than those older A9. Compare Mediatek 6589 vs 6582 Cpu even though technically both are Cortex A7 but you can see the newer cortex A7 in 6582 gives out more performance due to it being updated and revised version it is r0P3 . Qualcomm did not have old Cortex A7 CPU till last year so they are directly using the newer Cortex A7 .

The newer and updated Cortex A9 are Revision 4 Cpu and currently they are available only in Tegra 4i . s duos 2 is also on 40 nm and Moto E is on 28 nm so they are power efficient as well..

That's the reason it is performing better than S duos 2 in benchmarks.. An OS upgrade can help in eak out more performance in IO, Ram management, and other overall Complete benchmarks such as Antutu and quadrant and to some extent GPU benchmarks but i doubt a CPU intensive benchmark would benefit from it and even then an Os update can only bring around 5-10 % performance at most that is the general case so i doubt android 4.4 would help that much in case of S duos 2..

Secondly galaxy S2 Plus itslef was the Downgraded Version of Original S2 which had Exynos which was much much more powerful than any CPU at that time.. Exynos was even Much better than Snapdragon Scorpion Core at that time and people in the USA use to feel jealous that they did not have exynos in their phones.. Now the situation is completely opposite People Demand Qualcomm and avoid Exynos . that is why S2 plus was a flop phone

and yes the GPU sucks . Moto E performs approx 2x or 100% better than Videocore GPU and don't forget the driver support..
But like i said in previous Post Moto E is being reported to have lag in Asphalt 8 which shouldn't be happening at all. but still i will hold that S duos 2 is still quite inferior than Moto E..

*gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark...gl&D2=Samsung+GT-S7582+Galaxy+S+Duos+2&cols=2

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ people buying Moto E/S duos 2 aren't expected to play Asphalt 8 in it as both these are entry level phones. if one wants to play lag free graphic intensive games, then they should get a phone with Adreno 320 atleast.

OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
i know its like comparing apples with oranges

but how does the moto E & lumia 520 match up
in terms of raw performance

which will run asphalt 8 better on same graphics level

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i know its like comparing apples with oranges

but how does the moto E & lumia 520 match up
in terms of raw performance

which will run asphalt 8 better on same graphics level

surely 520. but 525 would be better since it has 1gb ram and will come handy for most games.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i think ms would be seriously worried regarding moto's releases in india. moto e is definitely more vfm than 525.

sunil.001

Broken In
I can play Ashphalt 8 without any lag in my Lumia 520 with 512 RAM.
Both Moto E and Lumia 525 are good.
Don't go for S duos.
Now its depend on your OS choice

Both will get updates for OS from their respective OS.
So, now heat is turning on Budget segment.

Cheers guys !!!!

Flash

Lost in speed
525 is not recommended as it's windows phone. You can get Xperia M @ 10k now
Why people are still against WP, when it comes for suggestion? WP is lot more different now, since it's inception!!

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ people buying Moto E/S duos 2 aren't expected to play Asphalt 8 in it as both these are entry level phones. if one wants to play lag free graphic intensive games, then they should get a phone with Adreno 320 atleast.

not everyone has money to buy adreno 320 phones bro.. its like saying people who buy laptops for 30k do not play games if anyone wants to play high end games he should get laptop of 50-60k atleast.. the target market for Moto E is actually young online crowd 12-22 years who is strict on budget and these consumers do expect to play games.. the more high end games that they can play the better it is

secondly Adreno 305 is capable of playing all high end games, so it will be a shock if it is not able to do that..

- - - Updated - - -

^^People buy moto e for their daily use not to play Asp8

i doubt majority people would buy for Moto E for their daily use .. those who prefer simple daily use would actually prefer S duos 2

and for daily use S duos 2 is actually superior because of autofocus + flash..
Ram, cpu,gpu,Os version doesn't come in picture if the intended use is simple basic daily use as long as the phone is able to provide a smooth lag free experience.. which S duos 2 can do that

right now the price difference is Rs 1500 which i am sure samsung will drop it to 7-7.5k in no time ..

definition of daily use - calls,text,Music,fb,whatsapp,camera pics

Last edited:
OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
thanks guys
so in terms of performance lumia 520 with 512mb ram is still better than Moto E ?
but Android's overall versatility over WP
makes Moto E a better choice
right?

jp7153

Broken In
how is the music effect in the handsfree(similar to samsung,sony?) and can we change,pause tracks with the handsfree?

Top Bottom