Motherboard suggestion with my G4560 Processor

k_v

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Emails, Autocad, Tally, Internet Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Will use my existing monitor which is an old CRT - 1024 x 768

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, mouse, keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I stay in Mumbai. Will buy from Lamington Road. Prices on Amazon are too high.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The configuration I have narrowed down to is G4560 + B250M motherboard, DDR4 2400 MHZ Ram + 1TB HDD + Local cabinet with PSU.

Questions -
What is the difference between B250M-ds3h & B250m-D2V motherboards? The DS3H motherboard is almost 2k more expensive. Also, Gigabyte make in lieu of Asrock is fine I hope.

Also, will a 400W PSU suffice? Or should I go for a 450W.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
G4560
Asus H110M CS
Corsair Value series 4GB 2133mhz
WD 1TB Blue 7200rpm
Generic cabinet with PSU (if you can spend 2-3k more, do so and get a decent PSU)

This is the cheapest you can get right now and it will cost little over 15k. Assuming you don't need an UPS.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get this PSU Buy Online | Antec BP350S 350W Power Supply | Price in India or this one Buy Online | Corsair VS450 450W Power Supply CP-9020096-UK | Price in India (newer vs450 only as they have 5 years of warranty)
. don't regret later.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
G4560
Asus H110M CS
Corsair Value series 4GB 2133mhz
WD 1TB Blue 7200rpm
Generic cabinet with PSU (if you can spend 2-3k more, do so and get a decent PSU)

This is the cheapest you can get right now and it will cost little over 15k. Assuming you don't need an UPS.

H110M CS or B250M? What would you recommend? Also isn't a 6th gen H110M board not compatible with the 7th gen G4560?

Also, RAM should be 2400MHz or 2133?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
H110M CS or B250M? What would you recommend? Also isn't a 6th gen H110M board not compatible with the 7th gen G4560?

Also, RAM should be 2400MHz or 2133?
You don't have enough budget for B250 chipset.
Yeah, you can get 2400mhz.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
You don't have enough budget for B250 chipset.
Yeah, you can get 2400mhz.

Thanks for the response. You didnt respond to my 1st query though. Will a H110M be compatible with G4560 out of the box? Or will I have to update the BIOS?

Also, if I forego the PSU and opt for a local cabinet+psu combo, the config with a B250M fits my budget.

Please suggest over what to do as I need to finalize by today.

Thanks.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the response. You didnt respond to my 1st query though. Will a H110M be compatible with G4560 out of the box? Or will I have to update the BIOS?
Also, if I forego the PSU and opt for a local cabinet+psu combo, the config with a B250M fits my budget.
Please suggest over what to do as I need to finalize by today.
Unless the H110 board you buy is an old stock, it will be compatible out of the box. In any case, the seller will update bios for you if ask them.
I don't know what's the price you're getting. Up to my knowledge, even with H110 board total exceeds your budget of 15k. If it fits, feel free to get B250 board. In fact, it's better to spend the money on PSU then board.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Unless the H110 board you buy is an old stock, it will be compatible out of the box. In any case, the seller will update bios for you if ask them.
I don't know what's the price you're getting. Up to my knowledge, even with H110 board total exceeds your budget of 15k. If it fits, feel free to get B250 board. In fact, it's better to spend the money on PSU then board.

Got it. Thanks!

Reactions: nac
OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
G4560 with H110 & B250M-D2V is costing exactly the same.

I guess I'll go with the B250M board because that might rule out the need for a BIOS update right?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
please go with VS 450 ( new white version ) at RS 2300 as they are much better in quality , don't skip here if you want longevity of components.. go with a 2nd hand cheap case .. Go for gigabyte B250M at 4k , looks like there has been a big price drop... it will work out of the box with g4560

Last edited:
Top Bottom