Pals

Config:
X6 1055t
990xa-ud3
Hyper 212+
corsair 2x4gb vengeance

Situation:
Ram ch4 is under my 212+
so I had placed my 2x4gb ram mkdules in ch1 and ch3. For dual channel to work. But something was wrong.... Memtest is showing corrupted ram...error.

As soon as I removed my ch1 ram module, everything started working perfectly.so,
I then ran a memtest86+ on both the ram modules 1 by 1, for testing them and both passed on ch3.
Then picked 1 module and placed it in ch2 and ran teat. Everything wos perfect. Same went for ch1.
But when I place both the modules in ch1 and ch3, and run the test again,, memtest returns a he'll lot of errors...
Y?
Also I noticed 1 thing,
When I was testing module with each channel, when I placed module in ch1 and ch2 respectively, memtest showed settings: 200mhz (ddr400) cas 9-9-9-24 ddr3(64 bit) and without changing anything when I placed the same module in channel 3, settings were: 666mhz (ddr1333) cas 9-9-9-24 ddr3(64 bit).
Y so.....
Wot the he'll is wrong.....
Is the module bad or te board ?
Help needed pals..

If some1 has the same board, can some1 test each ran slot using memtest and check the settings whether all the slots are at 666mhz or same as my specification and let me know whether it's the problem with the mobo or not?

Help needed pals

Angel

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Usually you have to Put the RAMS in Slot 1 & 2 for Dual Channel and 3 & 4 for OCed Modules.

So do one thing. Put the Rams in Slot 1 & 2 and try again. It should work fine.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
The mobo instruction book says that for dual channel I have to place the rams in ch1,3.
Mobo placement:
1 2 3 4
Slots 1 and 3 are of same color and 2 and 4 are of same color. So for dual channel I have to place the rams in same color channels...

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
I placed ram in 1,3 and tried to install but system dudnt get installed but when I installed system with ram in ch1,2 it got installed but when checked with cpuz, it's showing single channel....

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
So when you tested Every ram individually in every socket then they work fine but as soon as you put 2 rams it goes crazy if they are in Dual Channel Mode.

Also I checked on few Tech Forums for this type of issue. Some are recommending increasing the Voltage of the Ram to make it work in Dual Channel when they are in AMD Config. (Not Sure about this solution though)

In BIOS Change the Ram Voltage from 1.5 to 1.65 and check it that works.
(Ram will be fine as usually Rams are Ok till 2.0V)

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
1 dim shows 200mhz and the other shows 666mhz individually so when I configure 2 rams in both the dims it gives errors and havoc to the system...
Wot should I look for in the bios which would indicate that it's the ram voltage? ( sorry I m new to oc)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If possible get a dual channel kit of friend to test them out.

Voltage change options are in BIOS.

Check Mobo Manual for details

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
I also checked with the dual channel kit. I hit xms3 2x2gb kit. Checked with it.
Cpuz has also gone mad.
When I place the ram in ch1,2. (non dual channel) cpuz shows that the ram is placed in ch3,4.

OP
T

The Day Walker!

In the zone
I readers the bios and even upgraded and downgraded the bios
As such I have complained my distributor regarding the mobo being faulty
Will take it to him tomorrow and get a new one

Top Bottom