Motherboard for Ryzen 2600x/2600

Status
Not open for further replies.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ I think you have got it wrong. either you have to overclock the RAM manually by selecting appropriate voltage,CAS latency etc or select a pre-defined XMP profile(which itself is an overclocked stable frequency with factory defined voltage and CAS latencies).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup... i have decided to go for 2400-2666mhz and oc them in xmp mode. that should do it..
Ram stated speed itself is max that XMP can achieve without manually overclocking ram(which is far more complex & not everyone's cup of tea). Of course it also depends on mobo & processor too whether they can work without issues with these XMP profiles above their default supported ram speeds(e.g.intel 8th gen officially supports 2666 so anything above that requires xmp,similarly ryzen 2 also officially supports 2666 in most cases). So if you buy a 3000mhz ram then it will run at 2666 without you doing anything but to run it at 3000 you need to use xmp.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
Ram stated speed itself is max that XMP can achieve without manually overclocking ram(which is far more complex & not everyone's cup of tea). Of course it also depends on mobo & processor too whether they can work without issues with these XMP profiles above their default supported ram speeds(e.g.intel 8th gen officially supports 2666 so anything above that requires xmp,similarly ryzen 2 also officially supports 2666 in most cases). So if you buy a 3000mhz ram then it will run at 2666 without you doing anything but to run it at 3000 you need to use xmp.
ok thank you for clarifying.. ram thing is so confusing.. So if i buy 2400mhz at what speed it will operate ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will operate at max 2400 so if you use it with any latest platform(intel 8th gen/ryzen 2) then you need to do nothing as these support upto 2666mhz ram by default.On the other hand if you buy a 3000mhz ram then it will run at 2666 without you doing anything but to run it at 3000 you will have to use xmp.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
It will operate at max 2400 so if you use it with any latest platform(intel 8th gen/ryzen 2) then you need to do nothing as these support upto 2666mhz ram by default.On the other hand if you buy a 3000mhz ram then it will run at 2666 without you doing anything but to run it at 3000 you will have to use xmp.
got it .. i have seen that fast ram helps in playing games.. but my priority is content creation.. gaming is secondary.. so fast should look for ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Both the Ryzen 5 2600 and Ryzen 5 2600X are excellent processors — because they're essentially the same CPU. The only differences are faster clock speeds as standard with the 2600X and the inclusion of a better stock cooler. Go with the non-X 2600 unless you won't overclock the CPU. and when it comes to the motherboard, I recommend you ASUS ROG Strix X470-F. This is an excellent option for overclocking.
You are 3 years late for your sage advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom