Monitoring health of a pendrive & formattig tool

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Which software is good for monitoring health of a pendrive?Crystal Disk Info is not detecting the same. And I have a years old Tata Photon dongle, how to format it so that I can use the same as a pen drive?

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it is possible as pen drives usually don't have in-built S.M.A.R.T. sensors which software like crystaldisk get their info from.I also don't think it is possible to use any 3g/4g dongle as pen drive because the flash inside a dongle is read only containing dialer software & driver meant for fully self contained install of dongle on windows system.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't think it is possible as pen drives usually don't have in-built S.M.A.R.T. sensors which software like crystaldisk get their info from.I also don't think it is possible to use any 3g/4g dongle as pen drive because the flash inside a dongle is read only containing dialer software & driver meant for fully self contained install of dongle on windows system.
Thanks Brother. I wonder why they have mentioned 4gb flash on the dongle then.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You may have misunderstood,I think it meant dongle can support upto 4gb microSD card in its microSD card slot(usually 3g/4g dongles have card slot for storage just like mobile phones).

Flash

Lost in speed
Is this the one you're having?
*www.tatadocomo.com/Downloads/Personal/user-manuals/Huawei-EC156-User-Manual.pdf

Manual shows it has a slot of microSD.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Is this the one you're having?
*www.tatadocomo.com/Downloads/Personal/user-manuals/Huawei-EC156-User-Manual.pdf

Manual shows it has a slot of microSD.
It is this one apparently, I had to remove that docomo sticker to open the side seal
*www.flipkart.com/zte-mf190-3g-data-card/p/itmdhhrb6jwx9gjs
Memory card upto 32gb supported. About 100 mb space is filled with the installer files, how to remove this crap? And will it support Jio sim?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know,such dongle's installer files are on a read only memory flash & cannot be removed by your usual methods(why all the trouble for 100mb anyway?).4g is different from 3g & since jio 4g only works on VoLTE 4g such 3g dongles will not support it.

Top Bottom