Monitor size suggestion for work?

NaifAmoodi

Broken In
Good day everyone. I hope you all are having a good weekend!

I am looking to purchase a new monitor which I am going to be using for work (mostly programming and development) and I can't seem to decide on the size. I am on a limited budget and a 24" LED is going to cost me around 12k to 14k.

I would like to know what size you guys suggest for work? Do you think a 24" would be better than say a 21.5"? Would the difference be significant?

Thing is, I am at the moment using a 24" LED (BenQ V2410) on a depth of 1600x900 (the recommended resolution i.e. 1920x1080 just doesn't work for my eyes. Everything seems so small in that depth). I use it for both work and for watching movies. This one is located in my bedroom and I have to purchase a new one because I am going to be relocating my work to a different room. Apparently my wife doesn't want me working in the bedroom ;)

So please suggest what I should do.

PS: Also suggest if I should stick to an LCD or LED.

susancts

Broken In
I know probably you may not need this answer at this point of time but for those who stumble upon this forum thread, I would like to answer the question you have put forward.

As you are already using a 24" LED monitor perhaps you very well know how it suites your needs. If you think you are comfortable with 1600X900 resolution on a 24” monitor there is no need for moving on to any other option. The best you can do is to go for a different brand and that too if you prefer as each brand comes with its own bells and whistles.

However, I think a 21.5 inch LED monitor would be better. A 24" monitor is still quite big. As far as LCD vs. LED goes, LED is much better. LED monitors are thinner, less in weight, have better display quality, longer life than LCDs and consume less power. Nevertheless LEDs are expensive.

OP
N

NaifAmoodi

Broken In
But will the LCD and LED difference matter for a system which will be used for work and not for gaming or watching movies? Also, is anyone here aware of the cheapest 24" LED that rupees can buy?

I know probably you may not need this answer at this point of time but for those who stumble upon this forum thread, I would like to answer the question you have put forward.

As you are already using a 24" LED monitor perhaps you very well know how it suites your needs. If you think you are comfortable with 1600X900 resolution on a 24” monitor there is no need for moving on to any other option. The best you can do is to go for a different brand and that too if you prefer as each brand comes with its own bells and whistles.

However, I think a 21.5 inch LED monitor would be better. A 24" monitor is still quite big. As far as LCD vs. LED goes, LED is much better. LED monitors are thinner, less in weight, have better display quality, longer life than LCDs and consume less power. Nevertheless LEDs are expensive.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
LCD display comes with mostly two types for consumer(home and normal use) market CCFL and LED(backlits) with tn,ips,va ect types of panels. For work 16:10 is preffered.-)

Top Bottom