Monitor On/Off problem

Piyush

Lanaya
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 540n TFT monitor (yeah..its 15.4" only) and is 5 years old.
Now it has started to give problems.Whenever the system does cold start the monitor doesn't gets ON even though the OS has finished up booting.The On/Off button continuously blinks in periodic manner on its own.The monitor gets ON on its own, sometimes it takes 2 mins and sometimes as long as 5 mins!!!
Tell me what should be done.
Regards.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if u want a temporary solution then do send it for repair to a local mechanic.
else buy a new LED/LCD monitor bigger than current one

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
if u want a temporary solution then do send it for repair to a local mechanic.
else buy a new LED/LCD monitor bigger than current one

yea....was thinking of buying a new one as this one has almost run its course.
But still as this monitor is being used since my first desktop, it feels hard to replace it new one :confused:

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
its not a button problem
I can use it normally when the monitor turns ON successfully
how many chances are there that it is a VGA cable problem?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If there were any problem with vga cable, monitor wouldn't have started at all, irrespective of the start-up time. When any problem with cable starts, it disrupts signal flow from motherboard to monitor & thus resulting in complete blackout of that particular monitor.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ In that case, you should call on a tech person (repair man) to repair your monitor.. But this is an wild guess.. :unsure:

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
^^ In that case, you should call on a tech person (repair man) to repair your monitor.. But this is an wild guess.. :unsure:

hmm will see
first of all i'll check reconnecting and all that common things tomorrow and will post the result

Top Bottom