monitor not starting - no display - nothing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
urgent help needed...

Hi people,

I am stuck with a probelm...

Here is how the problem goes...

I have two PCs (not connected) at home both on windows xp...

My PC ONE has Celeron 500 with motherboard mercury
My PC TWO has Pentium four 3.2ghz

Now yesterday...

when i put on power of my pc no one then although it seemed it was booting and could recognise keyboard there was no display on monitor...

I took out the wires from the back of CPU one and again connected ...this time the monitor was working ok...

i shut down and later in evening when i again started pc no one it was not displaying anything on monitor

Now i tried to connect pc two cpu to pc no one monitor and then there was proper display on monitor...

then i again connected pc no one cpu to monitor of pc no two and nothing came on monitor...

FROM the above it appears that there is some problem not in monitor of pc no one but in CPU of pc no one...

but how do i know what is the problem in CPU of pc no one???????????????????????????????????

i have cleaned it of dust and also tried to do everything again ...........plz help.......

any suggestions, comments would be more than welcome....

thanks in advance

regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

supernova

Mr. S Nova
yeah there could be problem in the graphic card. i believe you must be having an onboard Graphic card. in that case you need to get your mobo checked.

BTW: i presume you are not hearing any kinda beeps while booting your comp. B'cos in case you are: then check whether RAM is fixed properly.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
no doubt, there's something wrong with your MOBO's graphics adapter. see, if the repair cost is high i recommend u go for a AGP graphics card(hope u atleast have a 4X AGP slot) and leave the onboard graphics adapter as it is.
btw which mobo u having?

supernova

Mr. S Nova
With cel 500 as ur processor. It is most likely that u r using a i810 motherboard with onboard AGP and no AGP slot. Moreover there wouldn't be any warranty left.

Soln1: See if repair doesn't cost a bomb. But these days they do charge you atleast 300-400 bucks for repair plus extra for parts.

Soln2: Go for a cheap PCI graphic card.

Soln3: New mobo might cost u around 1500 bucks

Soln4: (Best) Second Hand 810 mobo might be available for 700-800/- But run a through check on it.

D

dinesh_singh

have you a tomato motherboard.....
???
it gave me a similler problem....
i know that changing the battery on the board wont affect....
but i just changed the battery....
and everything worked fine....after that.
i think only tomato boards are suffered with his battery phenomenon.
or u are having a bad display....change ur mobo.

D

dinesh_singh

in case you are wondering what tomato is....i must tell you that it was one of the best mobo brand in intel 810 times.

the site for tomato boards was www.zida.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom