Monitor HD usage !!! (LIVE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
If you do "Alt + Ctrl + Del"

You can go to performance and... see "CPU USAGE"

you know... how is the cpu being used !!!

Any ways... i can see my HD being used ?
Because... i have noticed lately, even though I'm not doing anything... the RED led is always on (the one, that indicates the HD is being used... like when coping files or... watching DVD movies from HD)

Help... is something wrong ?
Mike

PS: the RED led is on... that means, my HD is being non stop pounded by... work ?

blackpearl

The Devil
The pagefile is on the hard disk, so its natural for the HD led to glow every now and then even though you are doing "nothing". In actual case, YOU may be doing nothing but the CPU is never "doing nothing". So don't worry, just make sure that the HD led does not glow for a prolonged period of time. It should just give some occasional flashes every few seconds or so.

OP
gsoul2soul

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
Well... that's what bothering me... HD led does glow continuously !!!

it's like... from the moment i turn on the PC till i shutdown !!!

***** No occasional flashes every few seconds or so.... it's like, ON !!!****

Another thing, there is no sound (the one u get, when accesing files from HD, or doing CHKDSK... only the red LED is onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

No sound... of HD being accessed !!!

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
For how long has this been happening? Make sure the HD led is not connected to the power led connector in your mobo.

If you are able to load windows and access your files and programs then your HD is working allright. You should be happy that there is no sound of your HD being accessed. An ideal HD should NOT make sound when accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom