monitor goes out of frequency in COLD FEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

satanlives

Journeyman
I just installed cold fear on my system... and as soon as i start the game my monitor goes out of frequency??? wats the problem i have an lg 17inch monitor with 6600gt gfx card..etc.... im guessing the game is trying to run at a resolution over 1280 @ above 75hz as my monitor only suppports upto 1280 @ 65hz.... there are no seperate menus to change the resolution....
is there a way out of this????

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Two things you can do before a complete reinstall of the game: Change the resolution in the game's ini or cfg file, or update the forceware. And if u haven't done so, install the monitor's driver too. It'll have the supported resolutions and frequencies too.

OP
S

satanlives

Journeyman
well i searched the entire game folder no cfg files... ive got the latest 81.95 forceware on my system.. i checked out the cold fear site and saw tht other ppl are having this kind of problem the solution seems to be messing around with coolbits
t's probably not the resolution thats too high, but the refresh-rate. maybe try to force the refresh-rate to a fixed value with which your monitor can cope in your video-card driver. For NVidia-Cards google for the "cool-bits" reg. settings, they enable this option in the nvidia-settings.
anyone knw how to use it exactly to make it work?

OP
S

satanlives

Journeyman
ok problem solved jst used coolbits to frce refresh rate working fine...
mods can close the thread if they want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom