Monitor getting No Signal, Motherboard- Asrock B450 Pro4

DestGod

Journeyman
still trying to get locals to check on it…
meanwhile when i power on the cpu all the fans including cpu will start rotating except the gpu fan while sometimes only the gpu fan rotates while all others are not
i’ve tried connecting thru hdmi via gpu and directly to motherboard but in both get no signal error
GPU fans won't spin when they're idle or if there is no heat load. This is done to reduce noise.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
So I arranged a graphic card .. an entry level Geforce 210 by the local vendor …
My pc is starting with the new graphic card so it seems issue was with the old graphics card HD7770

Vendor is selling it for ₹2400/- .. i’m a little tight right now on budget so I may end up buying it for now … have my sights set on 1660 Super for sometime now but financials are not allowing it

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
When I turned on my PC I saw that my system’s date and time were not updated. It immediately clicked me that I was having this problem frequently before the No Signal Error (System’s time was not updated when I used to turn on, it would update after a while or upon reboot as MS Outlook would not run).
Does it have to do something with the Cmos battery on motherboard?

When I turned on my PC I saw that my system’s date and time were not updated. It immediately clicked me that I was having this problem frequently before the No Signal Error (System’s time was not updated when I used to turn on, it would update after a while or upon reboot as MS Outlook would not run).
Does it have to do something with the Cmos battery on motherboard?
Replace the CMOS battery & check - if issue exists, likely mobo issue.

So I arranged a graphic card .. an entry level Geforce 210 by the local vendor …
My pc is starting with the new graphic card so it seems issue was with the old graphics card HD7770

Vendor is selling it for ₹2400/- .. i’m a little tight right now on budget so I may end up buying it for now … have my sights set on 1660 Super for sometime now but financials are not allowing it
2.4k is bit high for it, but cheapest one these days are GT 710 & 730 for 3.5k - 4k.

If you arrange money, look for RX6600 - costs 20-24k, better than 1660S or 3050. Sadly AMD is trying to kill budget GPUs IMO. Nvidia didn't release any new budget GPUs as AMD ones are just bad, so Nvidia is continuing with GTX 1650 & 1660S.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
After running on GeForce 210 for about a month, desktop has suddenly stopped working. When I'm powering it on then it gets into a loop where it will turn off and on by itself with nothing displayed on monitor. I've tried to leave it in the hope that it will end its loop and turn on eventually but it seems to be in an infinite loop.
What to do now?

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk

After running on GeForce 210 for about a month, desktop has suddenly stopped working. When I'm powering it on then it gets into a loop where it will turn off and on by itself with nothing displayed on monitor. I've tried to leave it in the hope that it will end its loop and turn on eventually but it seems to be in an infinite loop.
What to do now?

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk

Do a CMOS reset - remove battery > press power button for 10s w/o power > turn it on w/o CMOS & check, later reinsert CMOS irrespective of if PC is working or not.

If still not working, test PSU:
landing.coolermaster.com/faq/how-to-test-a-power-supply/

Do check with single RAM, recheck all cables & stuff like that

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Do a CMOS reset - remove battery > press power button for 10s w/o power > turn it on w/o CMOS & check, later reinsert CMOS irrespective of if PC is working or not.

If still not working, test PSU:
landing.coolermaster.com/faq/how-to-test-a-power-supply/

Do check with single RAM, recheck all cables & stuff like that

Tried with resetting cmos battery as per the steps above but problem still exists. Yet to try the power supply test since i dont have a paper clip …
also i tried turning it on without RAM and it would do the same thing

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Go to local shop and test and swap out each component with them.

I gave the system to local shop. He kept it for two hours and said he repaired the motherboard .. i asked the cause then he said something about power I/O covered in dust or something i could not decipher.
I had removed the hard disk before handing over the machine. Now when he was done he showed me the working of machine and it was indeed working. I could see the boot screen messages on their monitor. While this demo was being done, the system did not have my original cmos battery and before handing my machine to me they inserted a new cmos battery.
Now happy I brought the system home with the belief that it would work but to my surprise the machine was in the same state as I submitted which is it was starting and restarting intermittently by itself. I called the shop and agreed to handover the machine tomorrow.
This was possible when I had my day off today .. now i don’t know when the next muhurt (auspicious day) will come that i take this machine and go to the shop

The cost was ₹500/-.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Issue was with the UPS. Its battery was dead from many months but it was not letting the pc turn on. Changed the battery and it cost me another 800/-.
Total expense is 1300/-

Also recently bought Geforce G210 for 2400/-

Total expense = 3700/-

Issue was with the UPS. Its battery was dead from many months but it was not letting the pc turn on. Changed the battery and it cost me another 800/-.
Total expense is 1300/-

Also recently bought Geforce G210 for 2400/-

Total expense = 3700/-
What UPS was it? I remember that an old UPS at parent's place was not providing battery life at all but was not hindering pass through of current.

helion

Broken In
I have a Intel DH67VR mobo and a i5-2500 processor which I bought in June 2011, and it has the same 'no signal' problem since over a year. I am guessing that the problem is with the mobo. Luckily it works sometimes.

Top Bottom