Monitor for xbox series s and office work

reddead

LoSt!
1. Budget: 15k [can stretch to 20k if i get it from croma/reliance...i can redeem a 5k coupon]
2. Display type and size: 24inch
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily: Xbox series gaming; casual gamer...but it's supposed to be plugged in to my work laptop for most part of the day
4. Types and number of ports required: HDMI
5. Preferred choice of brand: none
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration: the samsung 24 inch but people bought it for 10-11k...it's available now at 13.8k :|
7. Any other info that you want to share: I am thinking of strectching my budget to 20k and getting a good long term one from croma/relaicne after looking at the mobius 25inch one.

-------------------
So i finally got myself a series s and my room has a old ass lcd tv.

I want to buy a 24inch monitor for series s and my office work. My budget is around 15k (cheaper the better)

Also, does someone know why the monitor prices are so inflated right now, the reviews on amazon say they bought the monitor at 10-11k and those monitors are now at 15k...this is across different brands.
------------------

Last edited:
OP
reddead

reddead

LoSt!
1. Budget: 15k [can stretch to 20k if i get it from croma/reliance...i can redeem a 5k coupon]
2. Display type and size: 24inch
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily: Xbox series gaming; casual gamer...but it's supposed to be plugged in to my work laptop for most part of the day
4. Types and number of ports required: HDMI
5. Preferred choice of brand: none
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration: the samsung 24 inch but people bought it for 10-11k...it's available now at 13.8k :|
7. Any other info that you want to share: I am thinking of strectching my budget to 20k and getting a good long term one from croma/relaicne after looking at the mobius 25inch one.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-tv-monitor-purchase-queries.185969/

HP x24ih, check its review in rtings.com. I have seen it for 16k many times on amazon.
Amazon.in

I guess because of WFH & WFH incentives by many companies, many people bought monitor for personal use. I observed the price rise mainly this year. 8-10k monitors are affected, not the gaming or higher-end ones.

OP
reddead

reddead

LoSt!
I use Acer VG240YS, I got it for 12.5k. It doesn't looks like it'll come down from 17k anytime soon.
Wow that's a huge difference.

I see a VG240YB at 12.8k, how about that one? 75hz is fine, right for casual gaming?

Link: *www.amazon.in/dp/B07CYJ47JB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_YMDW4RB33SMGMP741YJN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OP
reddead

reddead

LoSt!
HP x24ih, check its review in rtings.com. I have seen it for 16k many times on amazon.
Amazon.in

I guess because of WFH & WFH incentives by many companies, many people bought monitor for personal use. I observed the price rise mainly this year. 8-10k monitors are affected, not the gaming or higher-end ones.

X24ih is still 16k right now. Is it worth the 16k?

Might as well add 4k more and get the benq mobius 25inch maybe.

And yes, that's one very possible reason for the sudden price increase.

X24ih is still 16k right now. Is it worth the 16k?

Might as well add 4k more and get the benq mobius 25inch maybe.

And yes, that's one very possible reason for the sudden price increase.
Why BenQ EX2510? Anything particular? I always found BenQ monitors to be overpriced & ignore them. I will personally not spend 20k on a 1080p monitor, even LG 27GL650F. 27" 1080p results in low ppi based on many user claims.

Get this from Croma: Buy HP X24ih 60.45cm (23.8 Inches) Full HD IPS Screen Gaming Monitor (Adaptive Sync Technology, HDMI + DisplayPort, 144 Hz, 13L82AA, Black) Online - Croma

HP X24ih vs Samsung Odyssey G3 LF27G35T Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison
HP X24ih vs ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q1A Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison
The HP one I suggested has great response times & not much overshoot for a 144Hz monitor. Even out of the box colour calibration is good. Its contrast ratio is like 900:1, kind of a con, but even high-end LG nano IPS gaming monitors that cost more than double has an 850:1 contrast ratio. I will say HDR is a gimmick in most monitors. If you need HDR, get an OLED panel or FALD LCD monitor, both are non-existent for your budget.

Last edited:
OP
reddead

reddead

LoSt!
Why BenQ EX2510? Anything particular? I always found BenQ monitors to be overpriced & ignore them. I will personally not spend 20k on a 1080p monitor, even LG 27GL650F. 27" 1080p results in low ppi based on many user claims.

Get this from Croma: Buy HP X24ih 60.45cm (23.8 Inches) Full HD IPS Screen Gaming Monitor (Adaptive Sync Technology, HDMI + DisplayPort, 144 Hz, 13L82AA, Black) Online - Croma

HP X24ih vs Samsung Odyssey G3 LF27G35T Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison
HP X24ih vs ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q1A Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison
The HP one I suggested has great response times & not much overshoot for a 144Hz monitor. Even out of the box colour calibration is good. Its contrast ratio is like 900:1, kind of a con, but even high-end LG nano IPS gaming monitors that cost more than double has an 850:1 contrast ratio. I will say HDR is a gimmick in most monitors. If you need HDR, get an OLED panel or FALD LCD monitor, both are non-existent for your budget.
Just realised benq one isn't even in stock at croma.

Wow those comparisons on rtings are really helpful.

I guess HP it is for now. Thanks mate!

Top Bottom