Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i think it's nice to opt for an external modem... the internal ones are quite non reliable.
make sure you dont go for cheap brands(intex, Fline, Razor, Radtech etc).
Dlink is quite good.

Satissh S

Youngling
He He !! For Linux, :wink: Vignesh. Just tell me the market price when u buy i'm itching to get 1. papa wrote : Say NO to broadband :cry:

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
@Satish

ya for using Internet in Linux.Is there a cheaper one.i can`t spend so much now.I just upgraded my monitor to 17"

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I have been using both Dlink and Wipro Acer external modems and I havent had a problem with either. Id only recommend an external modem for its ease to use with any Linux distro. I think they should only cost something between 1000-1500 .

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
club_pranay wrote:
Satissh S wrote:
Papa wrote:
Say NO to broadband

i think broadband is cheaper(effective cost) than dial-ups
Well yup Dude..Broadband really saves u from 2 MOST IMPORTANT things:
:arrow: Firstly: U dont get huge Telephone bills along with ur regular net browsing usage (sum ISPs charge Rs.10/- or Rs.15/- per hour) for ur net usage.

:arrow: Secondly: U dont hv to wait sipping ur hot cup of coffee/tea (jus to see that yahoo! web page open in 10 mins.. :wink: :wink:

I hv been using the MTNL's (Mumbai) Broadband service called TRIBAND (256 Kbps) for the past 2 months and till now i hv been really satisfied with it.Also u get a 400MB quota (per month) as a free download size and wen u exceed this limit of 400MB, u r charged a mere Rs.1.20/- per additional MB downloaded after that.

Well i know that the 400MB quota is a bit too less as MTNL would hv done gr8 if they would hv atleast given 800MB...but atleast we can tell that we r getting a stable and RELIABLE net browsing speeds from a Government wich runs like a Tortoise :wink: .. never-the-less, this is quite cheap and economical (as compared to the DIAL UP 56K modem).
:wink:

cheers n e-peace....

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I want an external modem for dial up not adsl.The broadband guy told me that the ADSL modem will not work in Linux.

superuser

Broken In
What a Pity In the era of Broadband sum poeple just don't wanna quit dialup!!!!!!!!
wake up man and go for broadband

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Actually I have dishnet till the end of this year.So till then I will stick to dialup.I bought the 5 years for Rs500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom