Mobo supports only ddr1.Please help,advise required

Status
Not open for further replies.

devaj

Right off the assembly line
Hi there experts,
I bought my comp one and a half year ago.Being a complete noob and having no access to internet at that time I sought the expertise of some of my friends who were computer engg.Now I just regret my decision of trusting them.They didn't had the slightest f*@king idea about computer hardware (which i realize now and they still don't) and they used to assemble computer for other peeps,go figure.

Anyways,I wanted to upgrade ram but found out that mobo supports only ddr1,no support for ddr2.(guess am still a noob,but better than them).Currently I have 512mb 400mhz transcend ddr1 ram installed. Now comes the problem 1gb 400mhz ddr1 transcend ram comes at 1000+ rupees,whereas 1gb 800mhz ddr2 transcend ram comes at 900 rupees max.I am totally lost whether should I get rid of the motherboard or should I stick with this one for some more time.

Also which graphics card would be best for my type of system.(Should be able to play MASS EFFECT,FARCRY2 and other games at good resolution.) I have read it somewhere that my system might be bottlenecking the gpu and cpu.I would be really grateful if somebody could shed some light on this.

please refer to the below links for my system details.hope this would be needful.please do tell me if you want to know something else.
CPUZ:
*i39.tinypic.com/33jtgte.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/jtqy36.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/z09sg.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/ifydzt.jpg

*i42.tinypic.com/345ivwy.jpg

GPUZ:
*i43.tinypic.com/95pveu.jpg
*i43.tinypic.com/95pveu.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Please post MOBO details, at least model no. and company.

Let us first examine ur board then we would comment on upgrade.;)

OP
D

devaj

Right off the assembly line
Please post MOBO details, at least model no. and company.

Let us first examine ur board then we would comment on upgrade.;)

PLEASE CHECK THIS LINK:*i43.tinypic.com/z09sg.jpg I HOPE IT HAS ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED ABOUT THE MOTHERBOARD.ALSO PLEASE DO CHECK ALL THE OTHER LINKS I HAVE PROVIDED,MIGHT BE USEFUL. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE DO TELL ME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom