Mobo for Socket 754

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I know, I'm repeating the question....but last time when I asked, there was some technical problem and same reply was repeated 15 times!!!

Well I'm looking for mobo for Athlon 2800+ (socket 754). Which one is better.....Asus K8V-X or Asus K8N??

I can see big brothers of these boards like Asus K8V SE Deluxe and Asus K8N-E Deluxe.

I guess K8V-X and K8N are the cut down versions of their big bros. I can see some chips are missing on K8V-X and K8N. Is this bad....will this cripple down the performance of these boards??

swatkat

Technomancer
Asus has 2 mob with nForce3 chipset.
1]K8N-E Deluxe
2]K8N
K8N does not have IEEE 1394 port....apart from this other features r almost same....

Asus has 4 mobo with K8T800 chipset...
1]K8V Deluxe
2]K8V-SE Deluxe
3]K8V
4]K8V-X

K8V Deluxe and K8v SE Deluxe r top end models with similar features...
K8V is the little brother of K8V Deluxe...has fewer options in RAID configs. (RAID 0, RAID 1 for K8V and RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 for K8V deluxe)....
K8V has 800MHz System Bus whereas K8V Deluxe and SE version have something called Scalable Bus....
Apart from these differences..most of the features (like USB ports, AGP, IEEE, PCI , Max RAM supported etc) r same...
K8V-X is a basic mobo in this series which has no IEEE 1394 support.....

MSI has 2 motherboards with K8T800 chipset:-
1]K8T FIS2R
2]K8T FSR
K8T FSR doesnt have IEEE ports and that is the main difference between it and K8T FIS2R...apart from that almost all features r same...
Both have Promise RAID controllers and 5.1 Channel Audio....

MSI has 3 motherboards with nForce3 chipset:-
1]K8N Neo FSR
2]K8N Neo Platinum
3]K8NM

K8N Neo series have nForce3 250GB chipset and K8NM has nForce3 250MCP chipset...

K8N Neo FSR and Platinum have 7.1 Channel Audio, 4xSATA, max 3GB DDR RAM 333MHZ and max 2 GB DDR RAM 400 MHz.....

K8M has 5.1 channel Audio, 2xSATA, max 2GB DDR RAM 400 MHz...

ps:-multiple posts in ur earlier thread has been removed...

geek

Broken In
MSI K8N Neo FSR (NForce 3 250 GB)is a good board......i personally have one in one of my office comps. Asus K8N (NForce 3 250) is also a good option. Both come in the same price range. The Proc and the mobo will cost u arnd 11800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom