Mobo+CPU+RAM for 16-19K?

DivineInterv

Right off the assembly line
My old Core 2 Duo system crashed and I really need your help with my upgrade since I am kinda out of touch with whats available in the market atm.

Need a configuration for mobo+cpu+ram. Budget 16-19K. Will be buying from lamington rd, Mumbai within the next 3 days. If possible also suggest a good shop.

Will prefer an i7 with a bare-bones mobo. No fancy onboard graphics or SLI support needed. It should have USB 3 & Ethernet though. Will stick to "Corsair Vengeance 4GB @ 2k" for memory.

It will supplement the following parts
VIP 600W
Asus GTS450 1GB

Thank you for your time.

[useless backstory]
Original 5yr old config:
e6550 @ 2.33GHz
Intel DG33FB Classic
1GBx4 RAM
Zebronics 8600GT 256MB
Powersafe 450W

My graphic card started blowing up capacitors for no apparent reason almost 2 yrs back. Kept replacing them and somehow managed to use it till now. It completely died 2 weeks ago. When reverted to onboard intel graphics, windows kept showing extremely high CPU usage for mundane tasks. Eg; Firefox/IE using 50% (one complete core) while checking mails. Thought it was some driver problem for the onboard graphics and hence bought Asus GTS450 & ViP 600W. Went for Asus even though its costlier than other brands coz I am hoping they use heavy duty components. Mobo suddenly froze yesterday and now have decided to go for an upgrade altogether instead of buying a new motherboard since one thing or the other keeps failing. If only I had known this was going to happen, I would have bought a better graphic card. Sigh...

PS: You really have tough "Random Question"s for posting here. Vasco da Gama arrived in India at which place?!!! Google zindabad...

OP
D

DivineInterv

Right off the assembly line
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html <-- read this.

What the...

I really thought VIP was a good brand since I had heard so much about it from peers. I bought a VIP-600W Supersilent Power2.2 (says so on the box) for 2850 just 2 days ago in a hurry. Sigh... six years ago, powersafe was considered the best. The Golden PSU! I suppose, am getting old.

Whats done is done. So... any i/ps about the config?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Before suggesting any other components, I would like to warn you that using other expensive components with your VIP 600W psu is dangerous. I don't mean to scare you anyways, but read this as a friendly suggestion. So, think twice before continuing with the present PSU.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Intel core i5 2400-9.4k
Intel DH67CL-B3 Full ATX mobo (USB 3.0, SATA III 6 Gbps) @ 5.4K
Corsair ddr3 1333mhz 4gbx2-2.4k
Corsair cx430v2-2.2k
Total-Rs 19.4k

Last edited:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^The VIP 600W unit is manufactured by LC Power. It's the LC6600 (though slightly modified)

LC6600 V2.2: LC - POWER

It's not exactly bad, but you can do much better IMO.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Congif of tenida is the best at you r budget, but one small adjustment, Intel DH67CL-B3 is priced @6K, not 5.4K. So, total budget would be20K instead of 19.4K.

Top Bottom