MOBO+CPU+(RAM) - 20K upgrade

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Want to upgrade a PC which had upgrades earlier, so now want to upgrade mobo+CPU, don't want to spend more now on it as have primary powerful work pc (but never game on it)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Occasional Gaming and entertainment

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 20K + ~5K (if RAM can be done)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: None, will use existing

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: MOBO+CPU (already have 16GB DDR4 stick, corsair cxm750 PSU, 256SSD + 1TG HDD, GPU 3060ti)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week, no hurry though

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Self

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online is preferred

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Want this config to be flexible so that can add things later like NVMe storage, more RAM .
Was looking into Ryzen 5600 (12K) and a decent motherboard with multiple m2 expansion slots, 4xDIMM slots however, any suggestions are fine as long as are in current budget. May add 16G RAM stick if need to extend budget.

DestGod

Journeyman
5600 for 12k is an insane price. For mobo, consider this -
MSI B550 PRO VDH-10.5k
There was the Asus A520 TUF for about 7k, with 4 DIMM slots. But it's out of stock in most of the websites. Consider checking it in offline stores as well.

If you're PC already has 16GB of ram in dual channel, there's no need for an upgrade IMO.

Or consider this Intel combo-
i3 12100F-9k
Any H610 mobo- 7k
If gaming is your main priority and unless you plan on gaming at 1440p or max settings/ray tracing, i wouldn't recommend this.

Also, what's your current mobo+CPU?

Last edited:

chetansha

In the zone
Want to upgrade a PC which had upgrades earlier, so now want to upgrade mobo+CPU, don't want to spend more now on it as have primary powerful work pc (but never game on it)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Occasional Gaming and entertainment

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 20K + ~5K (if RAM can be done)

3. Planning to overclock?

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: None, will use existing

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: MOBO+CPU (already have 16GB DDR4 stick, corsair cxm750 PSU, 256SSD + 1TG HDD, GPU 3060ti)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week, no hurry though

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Self

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online is preferred

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Want this config to be flexible so that can add things later like NVMe storage, more RAM .
Was looking into Ryzen 5600 (12K) and a decent motherboard with multiple m2 expansion slots, 4xDIMM slots however, any suggestions are fine as long as are in current budget. May add 16G RAM stick if need to extend budget.
12k for 5600x..used or new,. If new then where.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

DestGod

Journeyman
Is that so, oh mine, I can't find it anymore, should have already ordered.
It's alright, it usually retails around 15k normally. Again, if gaming isn't a main priority, then the i3 12100F or even the Ryzen 5 5500 is a good option. There is no difference between these 3 CPUs in simple and everyday tasks. Even in gaming, the i3 and Ryzen 5 5500 are still formidable.
In the Intel side, a con with H610 motherboards is that they only come with 2 DIMM slots (this isn't a big deal for few). A B660 motherboard (Gigabyte B660 DS3H) will add another 3-4k to the cost.

From AMD, the Ryzen 5 5500 is on par with the i3 12100F in gaming. The upper hand it has over the i3 12100F is it's 2 extra cores. But the Ryzen 5 5600 comfortably beats all three. So prioritize your usage and make a pick.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Gaming is priority here as already have work pc. I heard that for gaming, single core rating should be high, here i3 12100F has 3518 while Ryzen 5600x has 3355 and price difference is almost half. On the other hand R5 5500 has 6 cores but single core is only 3045.
Sadly instead of buying R5 5600, its better to buy R5600x as both are priced almost similar online.

Basically decent thing like R5 5600x+ Mobo like MSI B550 PRO VDH will cost around 28K, above my budget. But if I decide go for it, where to buy?
Elitehub is giving R5 5600 for about 14800, are they reliable ? Have used Vedantcomputers, itdepot, mdcomputers, primeabgb, ezpz but never heard of elitehub, any other reliable source ?

Also, any thought about TPStech, they are selling Asus A520 TUF

Last edited:

DestGod

Journeyman
Gaming is priority here as already have work pc. I heard that for gaming, single core rating should be high, here i3 12100F has 3518 while Ryzen 5600x has 3355 and price difference is almost half. On the other hand R5 5500 has 6 cores but single core is only 3045.
Sadly instead of buying R5 5600, its better to buy R5600x as both are priced almost similar online.

Basically decent thing like R5 5600x+ Mobo like MSI B550 PRO VDH will cost around 28K, above my budget. But if I decide go for it, where to buy?
Elitehub is giving R5 5600 for about 14800, are they reliable ? Have used Vedantcomputers, itdepot, mdcomputers, primeabgb, ezpz but never heard of elitehub, any other reliable source ?

Also, any thought about TPStech, they are selling Asus A520 TUF
Don't bother looking at the single thread performance, they rarely tell anything. Instead, look up for benchmarks with your GPU and to be CPU.
Screenshot_20221004-085743_YouTube.jpg

This will give an idea of how it performs. As mentioned earlier, 5500 trades blows with the 12100f in gaming.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Ok, what about Elitehubs, is that reliable to shop from? and also tpstech.in ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've heard, elitehubs is better for buying peripherals. Be careful, these websites do not have the best return policy.
I have also heard good things about elitehubs & as for return policy I think unless you are extremely unlucky(in which case ordering from amazon/flipkart won't help either) & ordering as per correct system specs(many ppl on amazon/fk order technically incompatible products because of poor knowledge/misleading product description) then there shouldn't be any issue. In worst case scenario you should still get a brand new replacement from authorized service centre for mobo/processor/ram/ssd/psu.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just fyi, tpstech is one of the biggest sellers of pc components on amazon outside of amazon own seller appario retail.
*www.amazon.in/s?i=merchant-items&me=AJRK4JF48YXA

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Elitehubs seems quite popular now because of their recent sales. It is good and reliable as per feedback on IndianGaming subreddit and discord channel. I think Omega also bought few components from there. Just make sure you record your unboxing of each component without any cut of video or taking the product out of frame even once. These things help a lot for replacements. Refund from these sites wont be smooth like Amazon. Same story is for every major online retailer.

I've personally never used these websites. From what I've heard, elitehubs is better for buying peripherals. Be careful, these websites do not have the best return policy.
@whitestar_999 , @TheSloth , @Zangetsu ,@omega44-xt , @SaiyanGoku , have any of you used these websites?
I had positive experience with Elitehubs a year ago. Heard TPS tech is reputed as well. All is well till you receive a problematic product, hence make unboxing video.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Alright, that was helpful, I also saw mostly positive things about tpstech and elitehub.
Will now get back to the original subject, so there is nothing decent for gaming unless I stretch budget for 25K only for mobo+cpu. :unsure:

DestGod

Journeyman
Alright, that was helpful, I also saw mostly positive things about tpstech and elitehub.
Will now get back to the original subject, so there is nothing decent for gaming unless I stretch budget for 25K only for mobo+cpu. :unsure:
A520 + Ryzen 5 5600 is still an option. It has only 1 M.2 slot for storage, so that might be a problem for you. But if you've got a 144hz 1080p/1440p monitor, the i3 12100F + H610 is also viable. 3060 ti can easily pull upto 144 fps (even beyond this as well) on 1080p and clears any CPU bottleneck at 1440p. Since you mentioned that your PC was solely for gaming, I would suggest the i3 combo, or the 5600 combo if you're willing to spend extra.

An insight of what games you plan on playing would be good.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A520 + Ryzen 5 5600 is still an option.
It is generally not recommended to pair an entry tier mobo with a mid tier processor especially because of inferior VRMs on mobo which won't be able to support max performance of processor resulting in not getting your money's worth.

DestGod

Journeyman
No, just no.
Let me guess, after seeing the word A520, you pictured the crappiest motherboard you could, that came with 2 DIMM slots, no VRM heatsink and no proper IO. Lmao. Why not call B550 motherboards trash as well? They have their own share of these motherboards.

If you had even bothered to read earlier posts in this thread, you'll notice that I mentioned the Asus TUF A520-Plus. Go look it up.

Top Bottom