mobo around 10k for i5-2400k ?

skumar

Right off the assembly line
mobo around 10k for i5-2400 ?

Hello guys,

I want a solid mobo for i5-2400. I'm not going to OC.
Following specs are must:-

*USB 3.0
*HDMI
*DVI
*at least 2 PCI slots (for capture card and Lan card)

I am also going to use nvidia 560 GPU.
Thanks.

Last edited:

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no such processor called i5 2400k. There are i5 2400 and i5 2500k. K series processors have unlocked multiplier so they are meant for overclockers. Non-k processors are meant for non-overclockers. For i5 2400 , intel dh67cl motherboard is the best buy at Rs 5300.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Z77 series are for overclocking. You can use them but you would be wasting money on features you cant use.
Read this : LGA 1155 - Wiki
Better to go with a mobo which meets your requirement. Spend the saved money on something else.

OP
S

skumar

ok thanks, I'll go with h67 :)

any other brand like asus or gigabyte ? I have hesitation for intel mobo

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
sorry, i mean i5 2400 without K :p

How about Z77 series mobos ?

Buy Intel DH67-CL @5.2K

This is a very good Intel board. Don't hesitate about buying Intel boards, cause they make some very good & reliable mid end boards. So why would you waste your money by buying a 10K board?

If you really don't want to buy Intel board, look at Asus P8H77-V @8.9K
Remember, it would be waste of money considering the fact that you are getting that Intel board @5.2K

chillnthrill

@ the_conqueror: Thanks for your post. I was looking for a mobo for my i5-2400 proccy too, but just wanted to ask if USB 3.0 & HDMI are the only requirements from a mobo, would you instead recommend a H77 chipset instead, if the difference was minimal(say 1.5k)? For eg: Asrock H77 Pro 4 supports DDR3 1600 vs Intel DH67 only supports 1333... Ofcourse, as pointed out by other experienced members in the forum, the performance difference between 1333 & 1600 is negligible, but if one wanted to make the rig a bit future proof(intend using it for 3 plus years and considering buying the 1600 RAM too as the price difference between the 1333 & 1600 too are currently negligible, meaning Rs 200-300 odd), would you recommend a H77 chipset, and why/why not?

Would love to hear your views & views of other members!

Thanks much!

Top Bottom