Mobile Phone under Rs. 40,000

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Forum on XDA Developers

Nothing much for 6A because of helio processor & few(2 only) unofficial custom roms don't seem to be worth the trouble for now.

I have a Redmi Note phone which works fine even now. 5 years old ? I am not sure, but it works without a glitch. That was what Xiaomi was before. They supported devices even after 2 years of selling them. But now they want to sell more units ( perhaps they have targets ). They can't sell more units if the old one works great.

Also, there is a lot of investment in promotion, marketing and social media advertisement. But lesser when it comes to ROM, customer care etc. This could be linked to the falling standards after Hugo Burra left. Personally I would like an Indian as their head due to the love for my country. But now when we look back, Hugo Burra cared about quality and customer satisfaction too and not just numbers.
Surely Xiaomi doesn't support phones for as long as they did initially, but still, they are supporting it now for 2 years. Even Samsung has good track record in mid-range. Same can't be said about Oppo, Vivo & Realme in terms of updates. All of these companies release a lot of phones, so its tough to update all of them. Xiaomi updates even the cheap 7k phones, which is commendable.

Even my S8 got just 2 android upgrades & 3rd year its just security updates. Remember that it is a flagship. Only OP & Pixels seem to get 3 upgrades. Original Pixel got Android 10 as last upgrade & OP5 will receive it as well, both launched with android 7.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
55 inch 1 st Gen TV was the then flagship of Xiaomi. As thin as a coin was their ad. Poor guys, they do not even have a working YouTube app now.

I used to buy Xiaomi for the following reasons

1. Good specs

2. Affordable price

3. Support for service locally

Not official, but everyone had a Xiaomi phone, so I could get it repaired easily.

4. Updates

What I have seen recently is that they are coming up a new model every month. You can imagine that is going to make support hard.

Top Bottom