Mobile for my father (Budget: 20-25k)

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi,

I am looking to buy a phone for my father. His primary usage is day to day social media and bit of camera.

1. Budget? - 20k. I can stretch upto 25k if its really worth it.
2. Display type and size? - Bigger the better. Would like to get an oled display in this price range.
3. Dual sim? - Yes please
4. Preferred choice of brand? - None, but I just want to avoid phones with heavy bloatware. I've heard MI phone UI is crap. Please comment.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - I think this question is old now.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). - My father would like to have 5G in his phone (to flaunt, lol). But I'll make him understand that its of no use right now.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Day to day social media and camera. Display quality and camera should be good as per the budget.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - No because I am not familiar with phones in this price segment and so I am very confused.
10. Any other info that you want to share - Just a latest released phone with good display and camera would do the job. (And OS skin with least bloatware)

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
How can realme x2 pro be a good phone? Its more than 2 years old now. :|
I liked pixel but it is out of budget for me.

IMO get Samsung M51, it has a bit better battery life & camera quality compared to F62 while running cooler (but a bit inferior in performance which doesn't matter to your father).

For 5G, Moto G 5G, lacks OLED, but otherwise a good phone with stock android.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
IMO get Samsung M51, it has a bit better battery life & camera quality compared to F62 while running cooler (but a bit inferior in performance which doesn't matter to your father).

For 5G, Moto G 5G, lacks OLED, but otherwise a good phone with stock android.
As the battery gets larger so does its width so it's better to go with 5000mah battery since it's for elderly as they can't bear its weight.
And there's not much difference between 5000mah vs. 7000mah but it's width gets wider that's all and it's weight too.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Yes, batteries are the main culprit behind the excessive weight of phones today. It's a bit of a compromise.

I have Pixel 4a with 3140 mAh. It's small and light, which I like, but going 24 hours on a single charge is an achievement. Need to charge thrice in 2 days.

As the battery gets larger so does its width so it's better to go with 5000mah battery since it's for elderly as they can't bear its weight.
And there's not much difference between 5000mah vs. 7000mah but it's width gets wider that's all and it's weight too.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
Compare Samsung Galaxy M42 5G vs. Samsung Galaxy M51 vs. Motorola Moto G 5G - GSMArena.com
Moto G 5G & M51 have similar size & weight. M42 is a bit lighter for sure, but width is similar.

Realme X7 is a bit narrower with a much lower weight if OP wants to put ergonomics in consideration, but battery size is smaller as well at 4300mah, but 50W charger somewhat makes up for that.

Yes, batteries are the main culprit behind the excessive weight of phones today. It's a bit of a compromise.

I have Pixel 4a with 3140 mAh. It's small and light, which I like, but going 24 hours on a single charge is an achievement. Need to charge thrice in 2 days.
I charge my S8 (3000mah) twice daily these days, but battery degradation is also to blame for that.

Get samsung M31 128gb for around 15k-elderly people rarely usethe advanced features that are built into most of these smartphones and so getting a costlier phone just for the latest features in your case would not be worthwhile.
Kind of valid point as well. M51 has noticeably better battery life as well because of more efficient SoC & bigger battery than M31. Upto OP which way they go.

Neo

Mi 11x will be in budget if hdfc credit card. Also let me know if you have hdfc credit card coz I also wanna buy :'D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
M51 does not seem to have good reviews on Amazon. The specs really seem like a gimmick now. It is selling for 20K now, worth it?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is there even any other option excluding Chinese brands who have forced ads? Only Moto seem ok but the phone is just too big.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
A52 though some people say it is overpriced
Yeah it does seem slightly over priced spec wise but it is slightly smaller and lighter so that was a plus. Any known issues in A52 and M51 ?
And sorry OP, for hijacking the thread, I too have similar budget.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Yeah it does seem slightly over priced spec wise but it is slightly smaller and lighter so that was a plus. Any known issues in A52 and M51 ?
And sorry OP, for hijacking the thread, I too have similar budget.
just yesterday read someone's tweet on A52 that if you are a heavy user, then it needs to charge twice.
a month or so back someone bought it after a discount of some 3-5000 - some member discount and some more

Top Bottom