Mobile does not charge when using usb extension cable

DFC

Broken In
Guys i have a question regarding usb extension cable (1st image) used for charging my mobile phone.

This is the usb extension cable (1st image) i am using along with the other usb cable (2st image) as shown in the image.
My phone doesn't charge when i use the usb extension cable (1st image). Does anyone knows what could be the reason and how to solve this issue?

*i.imgur.com/gIciWAQ.png

*i.imgur.com/9d13o5I.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Longer the wire length more will be the resistance & less will be the power delivered to other end.That is why all original/working usb extension/charging cables are short in length(relatively speaking).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which phone btw? I am asking because older phones had the option to connect as mass storage or as a player only and they used to not charge while doing that.

quicky008

Technomancer
Are premium quality cables sold by amazon(and a few other companies)useful when used for extension?Usually the cheaper cables(even shorter ones) that are sold for Rs 100 or less fail to support high power drawing devices like external HDDs but work well with flash drives,dongles etc.

OP
D

DFC

Broken In
Longer the wire length more will be the resistance & less will be the power delivered to other end.That is why all original/working usb extension/charging cables are short in length(relatively speaking).

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Suppose i buy a 10 feet charging cable, will it also have the same problem?

*i.imgur.com/Ifs5imi.jpg

OP
D

DFC

Broken In
Which phone btw? I am asking because older phones had the option to connect as mass storage or as a player only and they used to not charge while doing that.

Phone is old but this type of issue is not there. It directly charges when connected to charger.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Suppose i buy a 10 feet charging cable, will it also have the same problem?

*i.imgur.com/Ifs5imi.jpg
Yes,it's the laws of electricity.Only way to get around is by using externally powered cables(those which have their own adapter to supply power) but those are costly & not available here.
*www.amazon.com/dp/B076C91NNB/ref=s...&pd_rd_r=9564013f-1122-11e9-85cd-a9b33ba877cb

OP
D

DFC

Broken In
Yes,it's the laws of electricity.Only way to get around is by using externally powered cables(those which have their own adapter to supply power) but those are costly & not available here.
*www.amazon.com/dp/B076C91NNB/ref=s...&pd_rd_r=9564013f-1122-11e9-85cd-a9b33ba877cb

Ok.
But are you 100% sure it won't work? because amazon is selling a 10 feet USB charging cable for android phones , maybe it may work with a single long cable. Do you think it may work? otherwise they wouldn't be selling it right. *www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-Micro-C...id=1546746381&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+cables&th=1

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems to be made from better quality material so should work with many mobile phones.The fact I mentioned earlier is correct but resistance of a wire will be lower for better conducting material for same length of wire.This cable may work well but if it doesn't then you can always return it & get refund.

Reactions: DFC
Top Bottom