Mobile AntiTheft software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I installed a anti theft software on my phone Nokia 3230.I tested it by changing the sim & it successfully sent sms informing that "phone has been stolen" to other cell numbers assigned by me in the software.The phone can be unlocked only by a password.
But I have a doubt What will happen if the thief formats the phone?
Then what will be the use of this software.
Plz give ur views on this.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
kaustav_geek said:
Is your software installed on your MMC card ? If yes, then formatting it will probably get rid of that lock.

If it is installed in phone memory then?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
only if its embedded into the firmware then is it safe. otherwise anybody can wipe it out by formatting the mem card/phone user memory.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
^^^ yep... Like those available in some Samsung and LG phones..... Also, your phone ,Nokia 3230(I too have that model) has an inbuilt feature by virtue of which, the phone will self lock when the SIM is changed..and the phone will ask for the Security Code.... You'll find that option through Settings>Security>Phone and SIM>Lock if SIM changed.

I would've used it too... However, I forgot my security code :( Can't find a free and reliable software to retrieve the code :(

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
kaustav_geek said:
^^^ yep... Like those available in some Samsung and LG phones..... Also, your phone ,Nokia 3230(I too have that model) has an inbuilt feature by virtue of which, the phone will self lock when the SIM is changed..and the phone will ask for the Security Code.... You'll find that option through Settings>Security>Phone and SIM>Lock if SIM changed.

I would've used it too... However, I forgot my security code :( Can't find a free and reliable software to retrieve the code :(

I have heard that if you forgot your security you can reset it by some code.
I don't remember it.
And so should I uninstall the software?I liked the one cause it sends the sim no of the theft card.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I have heard that if you forgot your security you can reset it by some code.
I don't remember it.
And so should I uninstall the software?I liked the one cause it sends the sim no of the theft card.
What's the harm in keeping the software ?? The Thief might not be so tech-savvy ....

Besides... did you try the method I mentioned ? It works....

redhat

Mad and Furious
type " *#06# " and take down the code in a safe place.
If your cell is stolen, call your service provider and give them the code. The phone model will get locked and no other SIM will work. So, the handset will be of no use to the robber. The phone company will even try and track it down!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
redhat said:
If your cell is stolen, call your service provider and give them the code. The phone model will get locked and no other SIM will work. So, the handset will be of no use to the robber. The phone company will even try and track it down!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
redhat said:

no operator cares to do that here in india! at least never worked wid me or wid any of people i know! never till today...... if its gone.. its gone forever!

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
no operator cares to do that here in india! at least never worked wid me or wid any of people i know! never till today...... if its gone.. its gone forever!

Yep.... Thats right.... Besides... If its a Pre-paid, you are left to fate since you'll have you to first prove your identity.......

So, in case you use Nokia 3230 , try this... This is already inbuilt in your Phone....
Also, your phone ,Nokia 3230(I too have that model) has an inbuilt feature by virtue of which, the phone will self lock when the SIM is changed..and the phone will ask for the Security Code.... You'll find that option through Settings>Security>Phone and SIM>Lock if SIM changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom