Mini / Micro PC

user28

Journeyman
For almost 8+ years I have used a desktop with big cabinet (Bitfenix Alpha), reused the cabinet as it is in good shape. The current config in this case is ASRock B450 Pro4 with a Ryzen3 and an Antec PSU. Now I have moved the PC to a different room and now the desktop is no longer fitting in the workspace. and space is a super luxury in my current room. Also I was fed up cleaning the cabinet every 4 or 6 months as it accumulates a lot of dust. (I am a cleaning freak .. :smile:)

Now the time has come to shift to a Micro or Mini PC (Micro form factor).
Is it really possible to build our own MFF PC or do i need to go with the Dell or Lenovo Mini / Tiny PCs they are selling?
I have never built anything smaller beyond mATX and so do not know if such smaller versions are really available or not.

So if it is possible to build what are the options and what things I can reuse from my older desktop? My budget right now is 20K and I am open to online buying.
I am not a gamer and no graphic card is required. So, a slightly above basic config will do and I plan to use it for at least 4 to 5 years. RAM upgradeability will be an added advantage.

Your budget is too low for a new decent mini PC. IMO a basic laptop with say R5 5500U for under 40k with 16GB RAM will be a much better choice. Use it with an ext monitor as cheap laptops usually have a TN panel, if it doesn't bother you, no worries.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Your budget is too low for a new decent mini PC. IMO a basic laptop with say R5 5500U for under 40k with 16GB RAM will be a much better choice. Use it with an ext monitor as cheap laptops usually have a TN panel, if it doesn't bother you, no worries.
what budget do you recommend for building an entry level micro/mini pc?

How about this one? *mdcomputers.in/asus-mini-pc-pn41-bbc041mv.html?search=pn41

what budget do you recommend for building an entry level micro/mini pc?

How about this one? *mdcomputers.in/asus-mini-pc-pn41-bbc041mv.html?search=pn41
My point still remains the same. Your call if you want something with a weak CPU. A mobile SoC like S695 outperforms that CPU.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Can you recommend a good micro pc? Not a very powerful or gaming is not required. But something which I can use for atleast 4 years.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My budget right now is 20K and I am open to online buying.
I am not a gamer and no graphic card is required. So, a slightly above basic config will do and I plan to use it for at least 4 to 5 years
Not possible to find anything new in your budget. Consider looking into used 1L micro PC from Dell/HP/Lenovo. I got a used Dell 3060 micro for the equivalent of INR 12k for my HTPC setup.

Can you recommend a good micro pc? Not a very powerful or gaming is not required. But something which I can use for atleast 4 years.
There are none new for your budget or for even 50k that are good. You can get used Mac mini with M1/M2, 8GB RAM & 256GB SSD for under 50k but 8GB RAM is just enough for basic usage, be it mac or Windows (worse in Windows obviously). My opinion won't change from what I posted earlier, get a 40k R5 5500U laptop.

When laptops exist, why will people buy a mini PC in a price sensitive country like India. Hence the low demand & supply.

Top Bottom