Mid-End Gaming Rig

lakhim

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Mostly running high spec PC games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Witcher 3 at ultra settings, Skyrim at ultra settings as well as some light programming with python for Cisco platform. Also capable of running Virtual machines using VMware Workstation and Oracle Virtual Box. And able to emulate PS2 and PS3 games like Devil May Cry, God of War, Uncharted.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: Budget will be between 1lac~1.5lac

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64-bit

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB HDD/ 512GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Any size at or above 21.5inches and able to support 1080p and above resolutions.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: NA

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 8-10 months time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Will assemble the PC myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Depending on the rates and availability of components, buy it locally or buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Have shortlisted a configuration which is open to changes
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X ~19.5k
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING(WI-FI) AMD B550 ~20k
MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC ~38.3k
G.SKILL Sniper X Series 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz DDR4 Memory ~7.6k
Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD SA2000M8/1000G ~10k
Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular Power Supply CP-9020091-UK ~9k
NZXT H Series H510 Black/Red Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case CA-H510B-BR ~7k
Samsung 24 Inch Curved AMD Freesync FHD Gaming Monitor ~14k

The Monitor and PSU definitely need revision and also suggest if sound card is required or not and the best pair of Mouse and Keyboard and good Gaming Headset. Reason for only SSD in the above configuration is the capacity and price but it is open to suggestion for better value.
Also suggest will above system be adequate for playing CyberPunk 2077 or not.

If you can wait at least 6 months, just wait. New GPUs from AMD & Nvidia will be out & even Ryzen 4000 CPUs will likely be out.

No point in discussing now IMO. I honestly think CP 2077 minimum requirements won't be very high as many think because it is supposed to run on PS4 & Xbox one (at least at 720p 30fps). For 1080p 60fps at ultra, maybe it will require an RTX 2060, but that's it.

PC build for now:

CPU - AMD R7 3700X - 27.2k

Mobo - Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus - 17.5k*

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz - 7.5k

GPU - Zotac RTX 2070 Super AMP triple fan - 45k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000 1TB - 12.5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair TX650M - 7.4k

Cabinet - CM MasterBox MB511 or other mid tower ATX - 6k (get what you like with preferably meshed front)

Monitor - Acer Nitro VG271U 27″ 1440p 144Hz Freesync - 26k**

Total - 152.1k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price. Some parts have such low prices on amazon during sales as well.

* Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro is another alternative, bit inferior to TUF.
**Another great option is LG 32GK650F, was on sale on amazon for 25k, usually 30k.

Prices might be different due to supply & logistics issues due to the pandemic.

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
If you can wait at least 6 months, just wait. New GPUs from AMD & Nvidia will be out & even Ryzen 4000 CPUs will likely be out.

No point in discussing now IMO. I honestly think CP 2077 minimum requirements won't be very high as many think because it is supposed to run on PS4 & Xbox one (at least at 720p 30fps). For 1080p 60fps at ultra, maybe it will require an RTX 2060, but that's it.

PC build for now:

CPU - AMD R7 3700X - 27.2k

Mobo - Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus - 17.5k*

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz - 7.5k

GPU - Zotac RTX 2070 Super AMP triple fan - 45k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000 1TB - 12.5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair TX650M - 7.4k

Cabinet - CM MasterBox MB511 or other mid tower ATX - 6k (get what you like with preferably meshed front)

Monitor - Acer Nitro VG271U 27″ 1440p 144Hz Freesync - 26k**

Total - 152.1k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price. Some parts have such low prices on amazon during sales as well.

* Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro is another alternative, bit inferior to TUF.
**Another great option is LG 32GK650F, was on sale on amazon for 25k, usually 30k.

Prices might be different due to supply & logistics issues due to the pandemic.

Man, you just read my mind. Initially I had R7 3700X and X570 Mobo in mind but as Hardware Unboxed and TomsHardware suggested to go for B550 as it is not imperative that you need to be ready for PCIe 4.0 immediately. Also X570 mobo are quite expensive and with Nvidia's Ampere and AMD's Big Navi coming out its better to wait and watch and then go for the kill.

As for such long time (8-10 Months) I need to ensure I have the funds necessary and know which parts to buy or which ones to avoid. Also my parents will be livid if they hear about my budget and will skin me alive. :ashamed:

Man, you just read my mind. Initially I had R7 3700X and X570 Mobo in mind but as Hardware Unboxed and TomsHardware suggested to go for B550 as it is not imperative that you need to be ready for PCIe 4.0 immediately. Also X570 mobo are quite expensive and with Nvidia's Ampere and AMD's Big Navi coming out its better to wait and watch and then go for the kill.

As for such long time (8-10 Months) I need to ensure I have the funds necessary and know which parts to buy or which ones to avoid. Also my parents will be livid if they hear about my budget and will skin me alive. :ashamed:
The B550 you quoted is expensive. TUF X570 is one of the best value X570, even if that's out of stock like another member found, still something like Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite/Pro are like 20/24k.

Just wait & post a new thread maybe a month before purchase. Next-gen GPUs seem promising, so buy after their release. AMD confirmed today that Ryzen 4000 is on track for late 2020 launch.

Top Bottom