Microsoft to acquire ZeniMax Media and its game publisher Bethesda Softworks

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
*news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/09/BethesdaXbox_HERO.jpg?w=1200

Source 1
Source 2

The planned acquisition includes publishing offices and development studios spanning the globe with over 2,300 employees, including Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. Bethesda’s critically acclaimed and best-selling franchises include The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored, among others.

OP
true_lies

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Better that its Microsoft and not any other publisher like Activision
Shuts the argument of Xbox not having any exclusives, now or in the future.
Lots of good RPGs incoming for PC gamers as well

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Makes way more sense to purchase a Xbox. Especially a Series S for PC gamers with a high end PC.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Shuts the argument of Xbox not having any exclusives, now or in the future.

I don't think they have announced any exclusivity yet? They have only announced they bought Zenimax. Whether there will be exclusive games remains to be seen. I think the only exclusivity they are going for is the gamepass subscription exclusivity. The games won't be available on any other subscriptions (EA play/ PS Now/ Stadia/ UPlay+, Apple Arcade, etc).

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I don't think its gonna be exclusive. Microsoft has been very friendly towards non exclusive and open source community recently.
Microsoft probably deserves an entry in top 10 anime redemption arcs. :nanananana: But I could be wrong.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I don't think its gonna be exclusive. Microsoft has been very friendly towards non exclusive and open source community recently.
Though I on here think that M$ should make these exclusives (for their gain). This would make xbox insanely more popular, as for me the only reason to prefer any console over xbox was that it had no/low quality exclusives, while others had many. (IMO)Xbox have some major cool features like k&m support, better V/M, a better pass and a objectively good controller layout :p But people still don't buy it cause sony and other have such good exclusives, man. This would increase the competition considerably and well, lets just say PS should be scared.

Also xbox exclusives are not truly exclusives as they are available on PCs too, so that's a major plus with Microsoft buying these IPs, rather than Sony.

Top Bottom