Microsoft sneaking telemetry into Windows 7 and 8.1 - again

maheshn

Journeyman
It seems Microsoft will just never respect the privacy of its users or inform them properly of its' actions - they're caught sneaking telemetry into windows 7 and 8.1 - yet again!

source: The Inquirer

at

Microsoft is thrusting its hidden telemetry app at Windows 7 and 8.1 users again | TheINQUIRER'

The irritating thing is that the telemetry software is hidden as a "Security only update" yet again.

(P.S. as a personal gripe, net result - I started moving 4 machines in the household to various flavours of linux. Right now multi boot. Win will be removed as soon as practically possible).
Thanks for nothing Microsoft....)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well win 7 support is going to end on 14th Jan 2020 anyway so not much point in running it now.As for win 8.1,it is a bit of an issue but nothing that can't be managed. Gamers need to move to win 10 in any case.

OP
maheshn

maheshn

Journeyman
Well win 7 support is going to end on 14th Jan 2020 anyway so not much point in running it now.As for win 8.1,it is a bit of an issue but nothing that can't be managed. Gamers need to move to win 10 in any case.

The gaming part isn't exactly true...

I'm playing Diablo III and Elite Dangerous, which both run quite nicely on Win 7 (my main system is running Win10)., Win 8.1 support goes up to 2023.

The main thing is no one would gripe about the analytics if they mentioned it upfront......

Top Bottom