Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0 (Morro MSE Free Anti-Virus) Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) is the official name for new free anti-virus security offering from Microsoft, which previously codenamed as Morro. Microsoft Security Essentials replaces Windows Live OneCare and Windows Defender.
MSE features a a streamlined solution with smaller footprint that focuses on core but comprehensive anti-malware protection including viruses, spyware, rootkits
and trojans. As it’s free, don’t expect the security solution to equip with additional non-security features or advanced functions that comes with commercial consumer security suites from other third-party vendors, such as firewall.
Microsoft is expected to release Microsoft Security Essentials for public beta testing in September 2009, and several leaked screenshots of the Morro has appeared on the Internet, even though the final product will be available only before end of 2009. Now, Windows users who can’t wait to try the newest free Microsoft Security Essentials product from Microsoft, or to replace the paid anti-virus or anti-malware subscription, copies of its setup installers have leaked to Internet, and available for free download. However, do note that although it’s labeled as version 1.0.2140.0, it’s still a beta pre-release software, and may contains bugs. The beta, RC or final RTM of Microsoft Security Essentials is expected to have a newer build.
Unfortunately, although Microsoft Security Essentials is free, but it requires genuine Windows validation (aka WGA validation), and many Windows users who fail to validate the genuine test may force to use crack to bypass WGA validation.

Source: *www.mydigitallife.info/2009/06/18/...-0-morro-mse-free-anti-virus-leaked-download/

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I downloaded it yesterday as I wanted to review it on my blog. Looks pretty decent. It is absolutely barebones and includes only the basic features which is good. But can't judge an AV by its looks. Gotta wait for the final release and the results of AV shootouts.

vamsi360

Always confused
i have my avast with me why go for other?
I will try once when it releases and choose my option.....

I have a genuine Vista Home Premium licence with my Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom