Microsoft, AMD Send Free High-End Laptops To Select Bloggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

saipothuri

Broken In
Giveaway triggers debate over ethics and whether the companies are really offering bribes. The ensuing publicity reportedly has prompted Microsoft and AMD to reconsider the gift.

*informationweek.com/news/showArtic...GIW5ZMQSNDLPSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=196702467

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya but some didnt like ms taking them for granted and giving away such expensive gifts free... read somewhere some retd them / ms askd them 2 b returned to avoid contrvrsy...

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
:eek:
laptops pre-loaded with Windows Vista and AMD Turion, 64-bit processors and cost more than $2,200, were received over the last week or so by a number of select bloggers
Freitas, who lives in New Zealand, says the machines were to promote the new Vista operating system with extreme hardware and mobility features. "A lot of people around the world are getting these. I don't have a list but I know that it includes well-known bloggers, and blogs that reach a smaller niche." Freitas says he chose to disclose and keep the laptop. "I maintain my independence by making it clear which companies are sponsoring this review unit," he says.
But the publicity following the giveaway apparently prompted Microsoft and AMD to reconsider the gift. Marshall Kirkpatrick, director of content at pre-launch startup SplashCast, said in his blog that the companies were sending e-mail to recipients, including himself, requesting that they not keep the laptops.

good news 4 24hrs bloggers with quality content

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*marshallk.com/microsoft-wants-its-laptops-back

so... take that... MS gave a Free USD2200 lappy to a guy who just blow MS out of the planet by writting so many things about MAC... it seems that blogger is a dam hard core MAC Fan...

and MS allowed him to test a write so many things against MS vista... lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom