Microsoft advises IE users to uninstall Netscape 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Microsoft advises IE users to uninstall Netscape 8

Dave Massy, a senior program manager for IE, warned users in a blog posting that after installing Netscape 8, IE will render XML files as a blank page, including XML files that have an XSLT transformation.

Microsoft did not make clear what versions of IE were affected, but a user of the DeveloperDex forum said he experienced the problem on version 6 of IE, which had been patched with Windows Service Pack 2.

Microsoft said it is investigating the problem and will work with Netscape to resolve it. It advised a "workaround" of uninstalling Netscape 8 and editing the registry settings.

Read More/Source: ZDNet

rajesh

Journeyman
Trust M$ to advise like that. Instead of uninstalling Netscape, dont use IE till M@ solces the problem. :evil:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
LOL!...instead of fixing a problem with their browser they want others to stop using Netscape...Man o Man.!

G

gxsaurav

The are saying to uninstall netscape because it's not the fault or problem of IE, it's because of Netscape, as it uses both IE & Firefox engine to render, but in this process, it could be that it is changing the original dlls of IE or modifying it, have loaded it's own XML dlls insted of IE over IE, so when a XML page is opened in IE, insted of using it's own dlls it is using netscape Dlls which results in problem

This isn't an IE or MS problem, it's shows how wrong the xml implementation is done by netscape, overwritting & changing the IE engine which is not allowed & stable

rajas

In the zone
It seems that NS8 is tying to change the registry values of XML making then not viewable in IE. NS would change the entry again and again unless its uninstalled.
I think MS and NS should adress this issue soon/
see more on this issue @ IE Blog

rohanbee

Padawan
I dont think microsoft as the right firstly to ask users of a third party software to stop using it. I think only the netscape ppl would have the authority to issue such warnings or advice............

hpotter606

Journeyman
navjotjsingh said:
Dump both ie and netscape and move to firefox or opera.

I have opera ,FF and maxthon all installed.:wink:
I just installed netscape to see how it is!! I have already uninstalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom