Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I think the reason they optimize the game like this is so that people keep on buying expensive GPUs to play their shittingly optimized games.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
this has been a trend for all major hyped game in 2014 (leaving a few out) poor optimization for pc

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
PC Gamer review: 87/100

Reviewed on GeForce GTX 970, Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM

Graphics options Borderless fullscreen, vertical sync, frame rate lock, model detail, texture filtering, shadows, lighting, SSAO, effects
Remappable controls Keyboard and mouse only, but gamepad users can choose between four different control schemes
Gamepad support Yes
Other Native 4K support

On my GTX 970 review PC, the game maintains a solid 60fps on ‘extra high’ settings at 1080p. On my HD 7000 series at home, I had to knock it down to ‘high’ to achieve the same frame rate.

I tested the game in 4K using a Samsung U28D590D UHD monitor, and while it looked impressively sharp, the dip in FPS wasn’t worth it.

Overall, this is a great port. Kojima Productions’ new Fox engine was designed with PC in mind, and it shows. Minor object pop-in aside, I had no issues with crashing, frame drops, bugs, or anything else. It ran perfectly on both my work and home PCs.

A deep, entertaining stealth sandbox with endless scope for mastery. You kept us waiting, Kojima, but it was worth it.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
oh man this is one of the best optimized game i have played on pc of next gen games.

i3-540
8gb value ram
r9 270x 2gb

at 1080p borderless fullscreen everything at max and locked to 30fps.
plays like a dream so smooth.. its beautiful controls are spot on.. omg after playing this cannot wait for phantom pain..

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
oh man this is one of the best optimized game i have played on pc of next gen games.

i3-540
8gb value ram
r9 270x 2gb

at 1080p borderless fullscreen everything at max and locked to 30fps.
plays like a dream so smooth.. its beautiful controls are spot on.. omg after playing this cannot wait for phantom pain..

why are you playing at 30 fps ? just reduce shadow quality to high/medium and play with 60 fps .

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
why are you playing at 30 fps ? just reduce shadow quality to high/medium and play with 60 fps .

i didnt get to ambitious considering my config.. but after completing the game i changed some to get constant 60fps.. well overall what a port fantastic ubisoft and EA should learn something on how to port a game

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I heard its a very short game?

Yeah its just a single rescue mission , a glimpse to what we will see in phantom pain . But even so , the no of ways you can complete the mission is endless . I have seen true mgs fan spending as long as 35 hour in Ground zeroes .

Alok

Adventurer
Great game. Started it and finished it today but its so gripping that I keep playing again and again. Graphics are amazing yet no performance issue.
Best engine so far.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Graphics is VERY good with really awesome performance.. This is a good contender to Frostbite 3 in terms of quality/performance ratio..
No wonder Mass Effect 4 switched it's engine to this...

Alok

Adventurer
After finishing every mission in various ways still a lot of re-playability even on the same map.
Started playing Peace Walker psp version also till phantom pain .

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
After finishing every mission in various ways still a lot of re-playability even on the same map.
Started playing Peace Walker psp version also till phantom pain .

good decision . But i would suggest you to play either the ps3 version or using PPSSPP emulator , because in PSP there is no button for changing camera .

Top Bottom