Messaging problem in N8...

harpreet115

Broken In
I have a Nokia N8.Whenever I try to send any message to anyone the message just comes in the outbox and it comes written over there - Resend at 3 mins later(i.e. if the time at which I send the message is 5:30 pm then it displays- "Resend at 5:33 pm"). But after the 3 mins are over , 3 more mins get added to the time over there and the message remains in the outbox until I manually delete it.The same SIM card when used on another handset delivers messages so it is a problem with the set.Can anyone help me??

dharmil007

Journeyman
There must be a problem in the SIM MESSAGE CENTER.
Just call the customer care guyz ask them this message center.

i Think this will solve ur issue

aniket.cain

Padawan
I had a Nokia N8 once, and I faced this issue a couple of times. I've read the Nokia's forums for solution, and it seems that it can't be corrected by any method, other than formatting the same. In fact, this issue is with Symbian^3 itself, as a friend of mine having Nokia C7 also faced this issue. You can try changing the Sim Message Center, but in case that doesn't work, you might have to format the phone.
Btw, how many messages are saved in your phone? It happened on my phone when there were around 1600 messages saved, but for the friends's C7, it happened with much lower amount.

OP
H

harpreet115

Broken In
@aniket.cain:
@dharmil007:
I called the customer care.They gave me a SIM messaging centre number but that was the number already set as my messaging centre number.I went to Nokia care and they told me that there is a problem with the phone's software and it will have to be reinstalled and so they told me to back up all my data.

@aniket.cain: It happened when there were about 1700 messages in my Inbox.

aniket.cain

Padawan
@aniket.cain:
@dharmil007:
I called the customer care.They gave me a SIM messaging centre number but that was the number already set as my messaging centre number.I went to Nokia care and they told me that there is a problem with the phone's software and it will have to be reinstalled and so they told me to back up all my data.

@aniket.cain: It happened when there were about 1700 messages in my Inbox.

Like I told you before, the problem is with the Symbian^3 itself. And it was one of the main reasons why I sold off my N8. No wonder why Nokia is in the state it is as of now. It won't get corrected even if you delete all your messages now. Just format the phone and trust me, this will happen again. So, next time onward, keep deleting your messages and if you want to keep them, back them up using Ovi suite on your pc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom