Mechanical Keyboard under 5000

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I am really drooling over Logitech G613 - 6.6k on primeagb
I can't decide! Feels like too much a of splurge. Bought a mk275 a month ago, which I am perfectly happy with. But I had the (mis)fortune of finally trying a mechanical keyboard a couple of days ago. Turns out the hype is real. arghh

ok I am abandoning multimedia keys. I'll figure something out for those. Options please ?
@omega44-xt Thanks for that. I had looked into it. It seems to we a bluetooth one which is big no, coz latency.
I doubt there are other wireless ones with dongle, but do search. IMO there are some 60% or TKL mech KBs under 5k which people say are good like some Gamdias Hermes E2/E3 or something, but I personally have doubts about durability from small brands.

Also, I prefer the full 108 key KB, so holding out on KB purchase for myself. Have been eyeing CB GK11 brown but again durability issue.

I am really drooling over Logitech G613 - 6.6k on primeagb
I can't decide! Feels like too much a of splurge. Bought a mk275 a month ago, which I am perfectly happy with. But I had the (mis)fortune of finally trying a mechanical keyboard a couple of days ago. Turns out the hype is real. arghh
My friend has G413, has the famous double clicking issue of Logitech. RMA'd it once. So find out about G613 issues. 613 seems to lack backlit keys, otherwise looks good. IMO they should at least put a white backlight in such expensive KBs.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Backlit is completely pointless for me. Besides wireless cannot be backlight, unless I want a 2 day battery life. G613 reviews also mention double press issue :(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Backlit is completely pointless for me. Besides wireless cannot be backlight, unless I want a 2 day battery life. G613 reviews also mention double press issue :(
It can be but you wont find good wireless backlit budget options in India. Try to get GK61 or SK61 from meckeys or Velocifire TKL for ~50$ from USA.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If you have never used backlit KB, you will likely not miss it. If you had used a backlit KB, you will miss it soon (happened with me).

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
I currently own two mechanical keyboards:

Redgear Invador MK881 which I bought for about 4k INR from Amazon. I comes with Kailh blue switches (clicky). However, I faced an issue after about one year of using it: The D key stopped responding unless I hit it hard. Seems like a freak issue with the switch and I think I can fix it by exchanging the D switch with that of another key that is hardly used such as scroll lock. I am yet to do this though. So, basically if you are getting a keyboard with non-cherry switches or from Chinese manufacturers, then best not expect the keyboard to last long.

I have purchased a Logitech G512 for about 7k from Amazon. It comes with Logitech's custom GX brown switches. I bought this because the Redgear keyboard became too annoying to use and I don't own a soldering iron to replace the switch yet. Also, there is no guarantee that it would work even after replacing the switch and rather than risk it I just bought a new keyboard.

Basically, always try to get a mechanical keyboard from a known brand if possible. Even if you have to pay a little extra.

flaws are that it does not have dedicated media keys, window key lock, macro keys unavailable.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
need a wired KBD with backlight, game mode keys, dedicated media keys and usb passthrough(must). if it comes in mechanical flavour, most welcome.

need a wired KBD with backlight, game mode keys, dedicated media keys and usb passthrough(must). if it comes in mechanical flavour, most welcome.
What do you mean by "game mode keys"? Macros?

Rest can be found in expensive mech KBs mostly, which will cost 10k+, like Corsair K95 or K70 or HyperX alloy elite or Razer Blackwidow V3 & others. Or you can buy a top-quality membrane KB like Corsair K55 for under 3.5k.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Like those available in logi G110 i am using fr last 11 years.
Yes hyperx alloy,k95,k70 all have game mode keys and usb passthrough. K95 has macro keys also. How is xpg summoner ?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have alloy elite with blue switches, whichever keyboard you choose if there is option to try out the keys you should do that.
My keyboard is absolutely great for programming and writing emails but I cant use I wont take it to office as its too loud..
Get a brown keyboard if you are a typist like me but want a quiet keyboard. I dont like reds at all.

Also TIL keychron sells in india, those are very good kbs imo, wireless + mac compatibility + gateron which are almost as good as cherry

Nerevarine

Incarnate
keychron kbs are wireless + backlight and have good battery. They also support wired mode
BT Working Time (Backlit off): Up to 240 hours (Lab test result may vary by actual use)
BT Working Time (Single LED): Up to 68 hours (Lab test result may vary by actual use)

I have alloy elite with blue switches, whichever keyboard you choose if there is option to try out the keys you should do that.
My keyboard is absolutely great for programming and writing emails but I cant use I wont take it to office as its too loud..
Get a brown keyboard if you are a typist like me but want a quiet keyboard. I dont like reds at all.

Also TIL keychron sells in india, those are very good kbs imo, wireless + mac compatibility + gateron which are almost as good as cherry
I have personally selected brown & red keys for myself when I get a mech KB. Any reason you don't like red? I'm avoiding blue because of the noise.

Any place you know where we can try out mech KB? I have used a friend's G413 & it feels very good. Its switch seems similar to brown from hat I read.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have personally selected brown & red keys for myself when I get a mech KB. Any reason you don't like red? I'm avoiding blue because of the noise.

Any place you know where we can try out mech KB? I have used a friend's G413 & it feels very good. Its switch seems similar to brown from hat I read.
I like the feedback when I type, it makes writing documentation enjoyable lol.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

AliExpress used to be great for this, I think you could buy switch testers there for cheap.. I'm not sure tho.. and try them out. But no longer :( try a good gaming store if possible.
In my office, plenty of mech kb enthusiasts are there, that's how I tried reds and Logitech romer gs

Top Bottom